News In Brief: Moody's, S&P Like Saco, Me
- S&P Issues Policy on UCC's Article 9 Security Interests. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/18/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31307, p1
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has warned that its credit ratings for certain municipal securities issues may be affected by changes to Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code that cover security interests. Impact of changes on the credit policies of other companies; Concerns of Moody's...
- Government dream team seeks improved credit rating. Ruano, Lida Estela // Caribbean Business;4/26/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p8
Reports on the scheduled formal presentations by Puerto Rico's top economic team to New York credit rating agencies with the goal of seeking improved credit ratings for Puerto Rico. Separate sessions with Standard & Poor's, Moody's Investors Service; Presentations preceding a general obligation...
- Ratings Put The Squeeze On Cash. Elliott, Heidi // Electronic News;10/14/2002, Vol. 48 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the decision of Moody's Investor Services and Standard & Poor's (S & P) Rating Services to lower their corporate credit ratings for Avnet Inc. and Arrow Electronics Inc. Implication of lower credit ratings for a company; Reason why companies anticipated credit downgrades; Expectation...
- Chemical Industry Credit Quality Deteriorates in Current Downturn. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;8/20/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the downgrading of credit ratings for the chemical industry due to protracted market downturn in 2001. Chemical companies that declared bankruptcy; Causes of debts of chemical companies; Credit ratings given by Standard & Poor's and Moody's Investors Service to companies.
- Bond Buyer Indexes. // Bond Buyer;12/7/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31280, p39
Presents average yield for municipal bonds during December 2000-December 2001 in the U.S. Average yield on 30-year Treasury 3 bonds; Ratings of various states given by U.S.-based Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp.; Ratings of various bonds.
- City of Troy bond ratings get a boost. Green, Leslie // Crain's Detroit Business;07/24/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 30, p6
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. and Moody's Investors Service Inc. upgraded their ratings on bonds for the city of Troy, Michigan. Assessed valuation of Troy; Conditions contributing to the upgrades.
- Lebanon. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/7/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p20
Reports on the credit ratings awarded by the Moody's Investors Service Inc. and the Standard and Poor's Corp. to Lebanon. Basis for the investment grade rating; Lebanon's credit ratings.
- Qatar. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/22/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p28
Reports on Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor's issuance of contrasting outlooks for Qatar's foreign currency ceiling in light of financial difficulties created by low oil prices. Difference of opinion over Qatar's ability to convert revenues generated by its natural gas reserves...
- Discounters' ratings fall in Moody's industry review. Healea, Tim // Discount Store News;3/20/95, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p77
Reports that Moody's Investor Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp. dropped the debt ratings of discount chains. Implications on investment services; Competition concerns; Profitability issues.