A Southwestern Situation
- Southwestern States Dig Deep to Keep Services Intact. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/24/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31539, p26
Focuses on the economic conditions of the Southwest region of the U.S. as of December 2002. Decrease in revenues generated by states in the region; Cuts in public spending reflected in budgets of the various states in the region; Fiscal deficits of these states.
- Focus: Southwestern. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/4/96, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p62
Focuses on the economic growth in Southwestern States. Diversification of the economy; Labor and real estate costs; Migration of Californian workers.
- KPMG Peat Marwick studies the Rio Grande Corridor. // New Mexico Business Journal;Jul93, Vol. 17 Issue 7, The Corridor. p15
Reports on a study conducted by KPMG Peat Marwick on the economy of the Rio Grande Corridor area of New Mexico and El Paso, Texas. Rio Grande Inbound Investment Study; 55 participant companies; Results of study; Numerical data; Factors for location in New Mexico or El Paso.
- Aside From Texas, Region Faces a Surfeit of Shortfalls. Albanese, Elizabeth; Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;2/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31322, p26A
Focuses on the economic condition of southwest region of the U.S. in the fiscal year 2002. Projected budgetary deficit for the fiscal year 2002 in Texas; General fund operating reserves for the fiscal 2002 in New Mexico.
- Building boom continues; watch for defense cuts. // New Mexico Business Journal;Jul94, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the construction boom in the Southwest states. Possible shift in the composition of growth in 1994 and 1995; Decline in copper prices; Vulnerability of New Mexico to defense cuts; Migration flows and tourism in New Mexico; Nevada; Utah; National unemployment rate.
- Top 10 Metropolitan Statistical Areas West South Central Region. // Hotel & Motel Management;05/03/99, Vol. 214 Issue 8, p23
Presents information on the hotel industry in Southwestern States as of May 3, 1999. Includes names of hotel companies; Number of hotel properties under construction.
- Southwest's oil-producing states are taking falling prices in stride. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;03/16/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30351, p6
Reports that officials in Southwest states are confident that sound fiscal management and strong, diverse economies will spare them the upheaval that hit in the mid-1980s despite the fall in oil prices. Less dependence on oil and gas taxes; Recognition of the volatility of prices; Expectations...
- Employment and Economic Growth: Southwest. Smith, Robert F. // Monthly Labor Review;Mar68, Vol. 91 Issue 3, p24
Discusses changes in the industrial and occupational makeup of the Southwestern U.S. Increase in employment in the highly skilled and technical fields; Decline in agricultural employment; Increase in employment in the manufacturing industries; Shifts in the distribution of employment by...
- SOUTHWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;6/19/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31163, p31
Presents information on government securities deals in Southwestern States as of June 19, 2001. Names of states; Types of bond issues; Amounts; Expected sale dates.