- FOLLOW-UP OF PULMONARY NODULES: FOLLOWING THE FLEISCHNER RADIOLOGY GUIDELINES. Selvaraj, S.; Parry, L.; Garbett, K.; McAdam, J.; Naicker, T. R.; Srinivasan, K. S.; Moudgil, H. // Thorax;Dec2011 Supplement, pA131
Background 0.1% of chest films and 1% of chest CT show incidental pulmonary nodule(s). While some of these are acted on immediately, others are followed up where the nodules are small and there are no risk factors (never smokers, age <35 years, other malignancies). Fleischner Society recommends...
- No Quick Fix at Hungry Minds. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/26/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 9, p10
Offers a look at the financial performance of Hungry Minds for the first quarter ended December 31, 2000. Factors which contributed to the sales loss; Plan to reduce Internet initiatives.
- Independents Trade On Their Differences: We're Not A New York Times Bestseller Store' Holt, Karen Jnekins // Book Publishing Report;12/9/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 48, p2
Focuses on the sales performance of independent booksellers during the holiday season in the U.S. Factors contributing to the unfavorable sales performance of retailers; Trend in book sales; Popularity of brand name author novels.
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;12/10/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 49, p6
Reports the revenue increase of John Wiley & Sons Inc. in the United States. Impact of the acquisition of Hungry Minds Inc. on the financial status of the company; Effects of the terrorist attacks on the revenue gains of Hungry Minds; Sales decline of business and travel books.
- As Revenues Rise, Net Income Falls, CEO Calls For 'Lots Of Patience.'. // Book Publishing Report;11/20/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 46, p3
Informs on the financial results for HungryMinds, previously known as IDG Books Worldwide, for fiscal 2000, ended September 30. Rise in revenue; Investment strategy.
- Hungry Minds to Miss 1st-Qtr. Targets. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/1/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 1, p19
Reports on the projected sales and earnings target of Hungry Minds for the first quarter ended December 31, 2000. Details on the revenues; Reason for the publishing company's projected shortfall.
- Wiley Has Strong Start. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;9/10/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 37, p14
Reports on the operating performance of John Wiley & Sons publishing company for the first quarter ended July 31, 2001. Increase in total first quarter sales and net income; Details on its acquisition of Hungry Minds publishing company; Information on its planned relocation to Hoboken, New...
- Borders posts record revenues, eyes stock-value boosting options. // Book Publishing Report;03/13/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p4
Reports on bookselling chain Borders Group Inc.'s 1999 earnings in the United States. Factors contributing to the company's posting of record revenues; Borders' earnings per share; Comparable store sales at the company's superstores.
- Sunny Outlook for Florida Distributor. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;10/2/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 40, p38
Reports on an increase in sales for Florida-based BookWorld Services Inc. for 2000. Value of the company's sales; Factors attributed to the increase in sales, according to Ronald Ted Smith, president of the company.