LIVING ON THE FRONT LINES
- SETTLERS. WAPLINGTON, NICK // Aperture;Winter2011, Issue 205, p24
In this article the author offers observations on his photography project "Settlers," in which he photographs Israeli Jewish immigrants living in the West Bank (Judea and Samaria). He looks at how the area was annexed by Israel in 1967 without the approval of the United Nations, making it a...
- Israel strikes back at Jewish protests on the West Bank. Battersby, John // Christian Science Monitor;8/2/95, Vol. 87 Issue 173, p5
Reports about Israeli government's confrontation with West Bank Jewish settlers, who were protesting against the plans to extend Palestinian self-rule in the West Bank. Details of the confrontation; Public reactions to the confrontation.
- Jewish settlers grabbed more land. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;6/28/95, Vol. 87 Issue 149, p2
Reports on the invasion of Jewish settlers in the occupied West bank land in an effort to block the expansion of Palestinian self-rule. Details.
- Settlers trickle out of West Bank. Lynfield, Ben // Christian Science Monitor;11/7/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 241, p1
Discusses Jewish settlers in the West Bank who are moving out due to security concerns and economic problems. View that families leaving Jordan Valley and other small, secular, remote outposts in the West Bank do not reflect the situation in larger settlements or ideological ones; Mention of...
- The effect of residence in enclaves on civic concern: An initial exploration. Bayne, Jason Ian; Freeman, David M. // Social Science Journal;1995, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p409
Explores the effect of residence in enclaves on civic concern in the United States. Definition of an enclave; Lower civic concern from those living within enclaves; Empirical tests of two enclaves in New York City; Distinctions in the symbolic analyst career category.
- Hebron: in the line of fire. Doyle, Paul // Middle East;Apr2002, Issue 322, p44
Focuses on the division of two sectors in Hebron, West Bank. Number of Jewish settlers and Palestinian Arabs; History of the Arab-Israeli conflict; Responsibility of Israeli Defence Force soldiers to keep the two sides from killing each other.
- Pro-Israel Activists Start Media Campaign. Nir, Ori // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Sep2004, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p10
Hundreds of American Jewish activists launched a concerted pre-emptive media campaign this week to minimize negative publicity for Israel, as the International Court of Justice (ICJ) in The Hague rules on Israel's West Bank security fence. Graduates of the seminar contacted local news...
- South Africa's chief rabbi: "I know apartheid firsthand". Kamara, Jacob // Southern Jewish Life;Apr2013, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p4
An interview with Warren Goldstein, chief rabbi of South Africa, is presented. When asked about the position of South Africa's Jewish community on the proposed placement of "Occupied Palestinian Territory" labels on goods originating in the West bank Jewish community, Goldstein explains that his...
- The Romance Of Gush Etzion. Tepper, Aryeh // Outpost;Mar2012, Issue 252, p9
The article presents a reprint of the article "The Return of Gush Etzion," by Aryeh Tepper, which appeared on the September 3, 2012 issue of "Jewish Ideas Daily." It explores the return of the Jewish people to their homeland through the aid of individuals who established new communities,...