WISCONSIN: McCallum Meets
- Wisconsin Legislature Considers $1.1B Budget Repair Bill. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/8/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31422, p3
Reports the proposal of budget repair legislation by the lawmakers in Wisconsin. Elimination of deficit on the 2003 fiscal budget by the bill; Request for the agreement with the proposed legislation by Governor Scott McCallum; Debate on the legislation by the Senate.
- Wisconsin Governor: Budget Shortfall May Top $1.3B. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/18/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31287, p4
Focuses on the economic conditions of Wisconsin in the fiscal year 2001. Increase in the budget deficit; Estimated amount of the budget deficit; Analysis of governor, Scott McCallum on the increasing budget deficit.
- Wisconsin Governor Proposes Tobacco Funds to Plug Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/23/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31309, p3
Reports on the measures planned by the Governor of Wisconsin Scott McCallum to reduce the state's budget deficit. Plans to utilize proceeds from a proposed tobacco securitization; Criticism of the plan by the Democratic Party; Importance of the plan to improve the economic aspects of the state.
- Facing Structural Deficit, Wisconsin Governor Slashes Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/4/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31216, p48
No abstract available.
- Citing Deficit, Governor Now Proposes Wis. Delay Exam. Blair, Julie // Education Week;2/13/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p23
Focuses on the debate over a high school graduation exam in Wisconsin, and the outlook for a delay in its implementation under a proposal by Governor Scott McCallum. Description of the test, which is being developed by CTB/McGraw Hill; Cost to produce the test that is scheduled to be...
- Wisconsin Governor's Budget Threatens Massive Library Cuts. Flagg, Gordon // American Libraries;Apr2002, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on the anticipated cuts in library funding by Wisconsin, as proposed by Governor Scott McCallum. Issue of the state's billion dollar-plus budget deficit, which will reduce state aid to municipalities; Campaign being led by the Wisconsin Library Association to oppose the cuts; Outlook...
- WISCONSIN: Accord Up in Air. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/21/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31270, p37
Reports on Wisconsin governor Scott McCallum's efforts to reach an accord on budget cuts with leaders of the state Senate and Assembly before calling a session on spending plan. Suggestions of lawmakers regarding budget cuts; Preference of lawmakers regarding a session; Billion dollar revenue...
- Wisconsin's Fiscal Woes Affect Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/12/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31342, p1
Reports on the sale of cash-flow notes and long-term general obligations in Milwauke, Wisconsin. Percentage of city operating budget from the annual revenue; Plan of Governor Scott McCallum for economic development; Status of the proposal on the Joint Finance Committee.
- WISCONSIN. Wirtz, Ronald A. // Fedgazette;May2001, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p14
Presents an update on Wisconsin as of May 2001. Budget proposals from Governor Scott McCallum; Population growth in northwestern Wisconsin.