MINNESOTA: Drinking and Betting
- The strict rules of betting in bars. // Morning Advertiser;3/17/2011, Issue 532, p19
The article offers the author's perspective regarding the link between betting and pubs and the strict rule of betting in bars.
- Illegal betting activity in pubs. // Publican's Morning Advertiser;6/20/2013, Issue 107, p25
The article offers tips on how to avoid indulgence in illegal betting in pubs which include collection of betting slips, providing computer facilities at premises and not granting permission to licensed bookmakers at premises.
- Q&A. // Publican's Morning Advertiser;2/11/2016, Issue 225, p27
The article presents an answer to questions related to betting in pubs, information on gaming machines, and prize limits for equal chance gaming.
- Only 1% of pubs sign up for MGD. Perrett, Michelle // Publican's Morning Advertiser;11/29/2012, Issue 81, p1
The article informs that only 353 pubs in Great Britain have registered for machine games duty (MGD) and approximately 30,000 pubs are likely to be affected by this new regime.
- Who will have to pay MGD? // Publican's Morning Advertiser;11/29/2012, Issue 81, p1
The article provides an answer to a question related to the payment of machine games duty (MGD) by the pubs in Great Britain.
- Limits proposed on P2P games in pubs, clubs. // International Gaming & Wagering;Mar2007, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p7
The article reports that the British Gambling Commission is seeking consultation on a set of proposals to regulate peer-to-peer games in pubs and clubs. Under the proposals, pubs will no longer seek local licensing to offer the games but they will not be able to take a rake or charge fees. In...
- Smoking ban to be applied to California bars. // Nation's Restaurant News;09/29/97, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p2
Reports on the absence of action taken by the California Legislature on bills aimed at exempting bars and gaming clubs from the workplace-smoking ban. Worries on dangers of second-hand smoke to nonsmokers and business-owner liability.
- NSW VENUES TO ROLL OUT TOUCH KENO. // Australian Hotelier;Sep2010, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p14
The article reports that the government of New South Wales has approved the installation of electronic Keno gambling terminals into pubs and clubs.
- POKIE CAPS FOR NT PUBS. // Australian Hotelier;Sep2008, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p12
The article announces that pubs in Northern Territory will soon be only allowed to operate a maximum of 10 poker machines per venue, while clubs will be limited to 45, according to the government's poker machine caps. The government has also raised the tax threshold for poker machine income....