INDIANA: Steel Struggles
- Reports say LTV seeks minimill site. Prinzinsky, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/5/94, Vol. 15 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the plan of LTV Steel Co. to locate a minimill site in one of the Southern States. Use of the minimill approach to produce flat-rolled steel; Increased competition for LTV; Availability of sites for a mill.
- LTV's blunders partially to blame for bankruptcy. Viola, Tony // Crain's Cleveland Business;01/15/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p11
Discusses efforts of the city of Cleveland, Ohio to save the LTV Steel, the high-paying manufacturing jobs. Mayor White's fight for import duties on foreign steel, loan guarantees to provide working capital to LTV and offering of tax incentives to retain industrial jobs; Key reason for LTV's...
- Switch makes steel prices weightier. Prizinsky, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/4/93, Vol. 14 Issue 40, p3
Reports on the changing of the way LTV Steel Co. bills its customers. Billing customers for the actual scale weight of the steel coils they receive; Possible impact on revenues; Justification in implementing the weight pricing.
- Stiffer steel. Babyak, Richard J. // Appliance Manufacturer;Jan1993, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p38
Discusses LTV Steel's development of a steel with increased stiffness for electronic appliance panels. Ability to resist denting; Carbon residue for aging effect; Decrease of strip-outs; Yield strength; Applications for appliances with no demanding form requirements; Formation on existing tooling.
- State's exports take an 18% leap. Prizinksy, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/18/95, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p1
Reports on the increase in the value of exports from Ohio for the first half of 1995. Total value of exports made by Ohio companies; Impact of increase in exports on the state's economy; LTV Steel Co.'s increased exports for the year; Citation received by LTV from Ohio Governor George Voinovich...
- LTV mixing science, math & a little fun. Wigdalski, Sarah // Crain's Cleveland Business;07/21/97, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p4
Focuses on the program sponsored by LTV Steel Company that gives high school students exposure to advanced mathematics, science and technology. Goal of the program; Recommendation of students by teachers for the program; Length of the program.
- LTV steel, Ohio village agree on expansion. Clancy, David // Waste News;09/29/97, Vol. 3 Issue 20, p12
Presents information on the agreement between Newburgh Heights and LTV Steel Company to expand LTV's landfill in the village. How much LTV is paying the village; Comments from David Lanzola, village council president; Expected plans for the expansion.
- Timing and work closed LTV case. Thompson, Chris // Crain's Cleveland Business;7/5/93, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p3
Discusses the issues and resolutions of the bankruptcy filing of LTV Steel Corp. which stretched the reorganization process to seven years. Hahn, Loeser & Parks bankruptcy lawyer Lee Powar; Common stock value; Underfunded pension plans.
- Kelly to COO of LTV Steel. // Appliance Manufacturer;Feb1993, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p6
Announces the naming of J. Peter Kelly as president and chief operating officer of LTV Steel starting January 1, 1993. Presidency since February 1, 1991; Contributions to the company.