Panelists: Should Securitized Assets and Municipalities Be Rated Separately?
- Ratings agencies to re-evaluate muni bond criteria. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;08/23/99, Vol. 65 Issue 34, p7
Reports on the plans of leading bond ratings agencies to re-evaluate the criteria given to municipal bonds. Views on the criteria of the bonds; Impact on the re-eveluation on the performance of the bonds; Details of the planned criteria change.
- S&P Downgrades Maine Agencies' Outstanding Debt. Helen Chang // Bond Buyer;6/20/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32157, p6
The article reports that Standard and Poor's Corp. downgraded its underlying rating on the Maine Health and Higher Educational Facilities Authority's moral obligation debt to A-minus from A. It also changed its underlying rating on the Maine Government Facilities Authority's lease-appropriation...
- Fremont USD, Calif., Sells $140M for School Projects. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;11/19/2014, Issue 34213, p1
Fremont Unified School District sold $140 million of general obligation bonds on Tuesday to fund school projects throughout the San Francisco Bay Area district.
- Market Post: Muni Primary Heats Up as Bond Prices Slip. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;11/19/2014, Issue 34213, p1
Municipal bond traders are focusing on the week's hefty new issue calendar, which is kicking off with the sales of several big-ticket items. Municipal bond yields are moving slightly higher Tuesday, continuing the market sell-off that began last week.
- Market Post: Primary Shines; Munis Steady. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;11/19/2014, Issue 34213, p1
The municipal bond market is keeping its focus on new issues as more supply hits the screens on Wednesday.
- Fitch Cities Surge in Secondary Market Deals. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;1/29/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31810, p6
Reports on the ratings given by Fitch Ratings Inc. on the number of deals in the municipal synthetic securities market in the U.S. Comments from senior director Mary Jane Ziga on the increase of rated securities; Aid of inverse floating-rate and custodial receipts to the increase of synthetic...
- S&P: Polk Co., Iowa, Outlook to Positive. // Bond Buyer;10/25/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32245, p2
Reports on the revision of Standard & Poor's Corp.'s ratings on Polk County, Iowa's outstanding general obligations (GO) bonds and GO capital loan notes. Purpose of the revision; Affirmation of the agency's AA-plus standard long-term and underlying rating on the bonds; Significance of the...
- Yuma County, Ariz., Schools Stable: S&P. // Bond Buyer;10/25/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32245, p2
Reports that Standard & Poor's has revised to stable from negative to its outlook on the rating of Yuma County Union High School District No. 70 in Arizona. Reason for the revision; Implication of the ratings.
- Munis Little Changed, Treasuries Soft; Hurricane Speculation Continues. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;9/23/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32224, p2
Reports on the performance of municipal bonds as driven by speculation about the potential impact of Hurricane Rita on Gulf Coast energy infrastructure. Complaints arising due to higher prices set to oil products; Impact of the hurricane on property and casualty insurers who are among the...