Ga. Budget Cuts Go into Effect
- State Journal. Jacobson, Linda // Education Week;5/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 33, p18
Reports termination of the state education budget in Georgia. Campaign on the parents against the abolishment of the program;; Progress in acquiring a foreign language; Visit to the capitol and delivery of origami basket to legislators.
- You Know It's Bad When a Republican Asks for Tax Hikes. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31584, SOUTH EAST p58
Reports on public finance conditions of Georgia as of March 3, 2003. Proposals of the state's governor Sonny Perdue's budget for fiscal 2004; Need to raise taxes; Ratings of the state.
- Georgia Passes $16B Plan, but Governor Wary. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/29/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31624, p4
Georgia legislators passed a 16 billion dollar expenditure plan for the fiscal year of 2004 that includes a tobacco tax increase and relies on several accounting maneuvers. State governor Sonny Perdue will closely examine the plan because he is concerned that it does not address long-term...
- Up in the Air. Young, Ben // Georgia Trend;Feb2016, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p45
The article reports on legislative developments in the U.S. state of Georgia as of February 2016. Topics include domination of House Bill 170, a transportation funding package, during the 2015 session, the expected ongoing fights over guns, lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues and...
- Get on the Bus. Young, Ben // Georgia Trend;Feb2016, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p90
The author talks about the U.S. state of Georgia's funding for 2016. Topics include the 466 million needed by the state's public school systems to provide a quality education to students, the cost of transporting students to and from school borne by school systems, and why the charterization...