Written language comprehension in younger and older adults
- EDITION 3 Reading Skills Practice Test. Kellaher, Karen // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;2/21/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 15, p2A
Presents a reading skills practice test for children.
- READING COMPREHENSION. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;9/26/2005, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p4
A reading comprehension test for children is presented.
- Context effects on word recognition and reading comprehension of poor and good readers: A test... Kim, Yeu Hong; Goetz, Ernest T. // Reading Research Quarterly;Apr-Jun94, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p178
Examines the context effects on word recognition and reading comprehension, using Stanovich's (1980, 1984) interactive-compensatory model. Study on 48 good and third-grade readers; Decoding, comprehension and total reading scores; Use of orthographic and contextual clues in oral reading word...
- The effects of thinking aloud during reading on students' comprehension of more or less coherent... Loxterman, Jane A.; Beck, Isabel L. // Reading Research Quarterly;Oct-Dec94, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p352
Examines the effects of text coherence and active engagement on students' comprehension of textbook information. Representation of textual coherence by a passage about a climatological phenomenon; Representation of active engagement by a thinking aloud procedure; Combination of original or...
- Edition 4 Reading Skills Practice Test. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;2/18/2002, Vol. 64 Issue 19, p4A
Presents a reading skills practice test.
- Test Yourself! // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;02/14/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 17, p4
Presents an ability test on reading comprehension.
- No Sweat Test Prep. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;10/1/2012, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p4
The article presents a reading comprehension test related to the bison and the wreckage of the pirate ship found near Tonga.
- No-Sweat. // Scholastic Scope;12/10/2007, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p12
The article offers a reading comprehension test on the script of the theatrical production "Star Dust" by Kristin Lewis which has been published within this issue of the periodical.
- Dig Deeper. // Scholastic Scope;12/10/2007, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p15
The article offers a reading comprehension test on figurative language.