Children's imitations of intonation contours: Are rising
- Acoustical-Perceptual Correlates of 'Whisper Pitch' in Synthetically Generated Vowels. Higashikawa, Masahiko // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Jun1999, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p583
Presents information on a study which clarified acoustical-perceptual relationships in identification of `pitch' during whispered vowel production. Methodology; Results; Discussion.
- aprosody. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p169
A definition of the term "aprosody," which pertains to the absence of normal variations of pitch, rhythm and stress in speech, is presented.
- A NORMATIVE STUDY OF CHILDREN'S LISTENING RATE PREFERENCES. Lass, Norman J.; Fultz, Virginia A. // Language & Speech;Apr-Jun76, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p144
With the development of special equipment which allows for the control of the rate of recorded speech without the introduction of serious distortion in the pitch or quality of the original signal, there has been an increased interest in the listeners' listening rate preferences. In reviewing the...
- INTERACTIONS OF INTENSITY GLIDES AND FREQUENCY GLISSANDOS. Rossi, Mario // Language & Speech;Oct-Dec78, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p384
Investigates the influence of positive intensity glides on static and both rising and falling contour tones. Effect of intensity glides on the pitch configuration; Implication of results for prosodic studies; Mode of perception of an intensity glide.
- THEMATIZATION AND INTONATION IN THE ORGANIZATION OF SENTENCES. Goodenough-Trepagnier, Cheryl; Smith, Frank // Language & Speech;Apr-Jun77, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p99
Determines the thematization and intonation patterns in the organization of sentences. Structure of a utterance; Concerns in sentence choice and production; Design of a thematization system.
- Accuracy of perceptually based and acoustically based inspiratory loci in reading. YU-TSAI WANG; GREEN, JORDAN R.; NIP, IGNATIUS S. B.; KENT, RAY D.; FINLEY KENT, JANE; ULLMAN, CARA // Behavior Research Methods;Aug2010, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p791
Investigations of speech often involve the identification of inspiratory loci in continuous recordings of speech. The present study investigates the accuracy of perceptually determined and acoustically determined inspiratory loci. While wearing a circumferentially vented mask connected to a...
- APPLICATION OF WAVELET TRANSFORM FOR SPEECH PROCESSING. Debdas, Subhra; Jagrit, Vaishali; Chandrakar, Chinmay; Quereshi, M. F. // International Journal of Engineering Science & Technology;2011, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p6666
The distinctive feature of wavelet transforms applications it is used in speech signals. Some problem are produced in speech signals their synthesis, analysis compression and classification. A method being evaluated uses wavelets for speech analysis and synthesis distinguishing between voiced...
- Prosodie - Bedeutung, Funktionen, Diagnostik. Otten, Meike; Walther, Wenke // Forum Logopadie;jan2009, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p18
This paper presents an overview of the different appearances of prosody as variations in pitch, loudness and duration of speech sounds and recesses. Furthermore its various functions in speech processing, e.g. marking syntactic and word boundaries, sentence mode and phrasal stress or showing a...
- Tone makes verbal communication more effective. Adkins, Ben // Fort Worth Business Press;1/10/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p40
Provides tips for the improvement of speaking voice in verbal communication. Practice of variation in speech volume; Exercises to be done in developing speaking voice; Information on pitch.