Hearing loss, control, and demographic factors influencing
- Reconsider Hearing Aids: You May Like What You Hear. // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Dec2002, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p1
Presents information on hearing loss and the importance of using hearing aids. INSET: How to Check Your Own Hearing-and Find Hearing Specialists And....
- Listen up! Brietzke, C.E. // Saturday Evening Post;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 265 Issue 5, p36
Discusses technological advances in the manufacture of hearing aids. Process of hearing decline; Age-related hearing loss; Decline of high-pitch hearing; Consulting a physician; Battery system operating three basic configurations; Behind the ear; In the ear; In the ear canal; Customized...
- Old Newsboys funds loaner hearing aids for Moog Center program. Iannone, Jennifer // Granite City Press-Record;12/14/2011, Vol. 53 Issue 85, pB2
The article reports on the help given by the journal "Old Newsboys Day" in funding loaner hearing aids for the Moog Center for Deaf Education in 2011.
- LIVING WITH HEARING LOSS. Myers, David G. // Saturday Evening Post;
Focuses on hearing loss and hearing aids. Reason of some hearing-impaired people for not wearing hearing aids; Types of hearing aids; Advantages of using digital hearing aids. INSET: Signs of Hearing Loss.
- Ten-Year Experience with Percutaneous Bone-Anchored Hearing Aids: A 3- to 10-Year Follow-up -Markham Stouffville Hospital, 1990 to 2000. Wade, Phillip S.; Halik, Jerry J.; Werger, Jeffrey P.; Vosu, Lorraine Kennedy // Journal of Otolaryngology;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p80
Patients with bilateral conductive hearing losses continue to be a source of frustration for both otologists and audiologists. Efforts to rehabilitate their hearing have included medical and surgical treatment, as well as the use of conventional hearing aids and, less frequently, conventional...
- When Would a Patient with a Bone-anchored Hearing System Need a New Speech Processor? Gorman, Curt // Audiology Online;Jul2013, Vol. N/A Issue N/A, p1
The article provides an answer to the question of when a patient with a bone-anchored hearing system would need a new speech processor.
- What's that noise? Nowak, Rachel // New Scientist;6/8/2002, Vol. 174 Issue 2346, p21
Features a hearing aid device developed by the Cooperative Research Center for Cochlear Implant and Hearing Aid Innovation in Australia. Features of the device; Benefits of CRC hearing aid for the deaf; Advantage of the customized design.
- Opening Lines. Ginzbrug, Rebecca // Hearing Health;Summer2009, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p3
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including Nannette Nicholson's overview on government and nonprofit assistance programs for procuring hearing aids, the feature on the research of the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorder (NIDCD) and a...
- Detecting and treating deafness in children. Saunders, Nick // Pulse;10/7/2002, Vol. 62 Issue 38, p54
Presents ways to detect and treat deafness among children in Great Britain. Use of hearing aids and rehabilitation to help deaf children; Identification of congenital losses linked to genetics; Use of objective testing to screen the risk of congenital hearing loss.
- Hearing aids underused; patient support, education needed. // Modern Medicine;Nov98, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p10
Presents an abstract of the study `Low Prevalence of Hearing Aid Use Among Older Adults with Hearing Loss: The Epidemiology of Hearing Loss Study,' by M. M. Popelka, K. J. Cruickshanks, T. L. Wiley et al published in the September 1998 of the `Journal of the American Geriatric Society.'