Rival Universities to Sell Part of $1.3B Slate OK'd by Texas Board
- Polk County, Iowa, $120M Offering Will Be Repaid by Racetrack Revenue. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/17/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31408, p8
Reports the mechanisms of the deal for the financing scheme in Chicago, Illinois. Inclusion of the substantial amount of general obligation bonds; Plans of using the revenues coming from corporate sponsorships; Percentage of tax rate on racetracks.
- New Deals Selling Well, Despite Airlines' Financial Troubles. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/25/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31622, p29
Reports on the sale performance of the airport revenue bonds deal. Speculation related to the financial conditions of the airline sector; Companies involved in the deal; Chart indicating ten largest airport bond sales in 2003.
- Univ. of South Carolina Brings $48M Refunding to Market. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/8/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32213, p4
Reports on the plan of the University of South Carolina to sell its revenue refunding bonds in the U.S. Determination of the interest from institutional buyers; Deal to expand the investor base; Inclusion of the institutional buyers that require two ratings.
- Texas Cities Eye Favorable Rates For Upcoming Water, Sewer Deals. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31238, p5
Reports the entry of the water and sewer revenue bond deals of Houston and Dallas cities into the money market in Texas. Amount of the proceeds from the sale needed to refund outstanding commercial paper; Approval of a commercial paper program to finance water and sewer projects; Rating of the...
- Volume Drops, With NJ. Transportation Deal on Top. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;10/12/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33396, p6
The article reports on the transportation system revenue bonds offered by the New Jersey Transportation Trust Fund Authority. It states that it is the largest expected deal to come to the negotiated market and is part of an estimated 5.4 million U.S. dollars of funding. It also mentions that the...
- S.C. Infrastructure Bank Selling $260M Backed by Truck Fees. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31907, p26
Reports that the South Carolina Infrastructure Bank has planned to bring to market revenue bonds. Sale of the deal; Bond counsel; Payment for the bonds.
- Legal Challenge Delays Closing of Newton County, Ga.'s $38 Million Water Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/3/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31962, p33
Focuses on the failure of Newtown County, Georgia to close water revenue bond deal. Impact of legal challenge filed by a citizen; Sale of bonds; Change in interest rates.
- Pa. School District in Closing Agreement. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;6/16/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33132, p5
The article reports on the move of the Hazleton Area School District in Pennsylvania to enter into a closing agreement with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The move was made due to the $64.2 million of general obligation bonds that the school district issued in 1997. According to a...
- Munis Firm as Buyers' Interest Gains; Puerto Rico, Calif. PWB Deals Price. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;4/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31858, p2
Presents news concerning public finance in the United States as of April 2004. Gains by municipal bonds; Price of Puerto Rico Highway and Transportation Authority bonds; California State Public Works Board lease revenue deal.