Attorney Argues New Jersey Bonds Unconstitutional
- Mayor Asks New Jersey Supreme Court Justices to Step Aside in Debt Case. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;8/22/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31208, p4
Reports the request of Mayor Steven Lonegan to disqualify the Supreme Court justices from hearing the debt case in Bogota, New Jersey. Constitutionality of the contract amount debt disapproved by the voters; Involvement of the justices in the case defending the sale of pension bonds; Prohibition...
- N.J.'s State Contract Debt Challenged. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;12/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31046, p1
Reports on Bogota, New Jersey Mayor Steven Lonegan's plan to file a lawsuit in Hackensack Superior Court challenging the constitutionality of New Jersey's state-contract debt. Lonegan's efforts to prevent further bond sales with the security pledge; Validity of appropriation-backed debt in the...
- Bogota, N.J., Mayor: State Tobacco Agency Law Unconstitutional. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;7/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31436, p6
Focuses on the unconstitutionality of the state tobacco agency law claimed by Bogota, New Jersey Mayor Steven Lonegan. Details of the lawsuit filed by Lonegan before the Supreme Court; Reference to the creation of the Tobacco Settlement Financing Corp.
- N.J. Pushes Bond Sale To March. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;02/20/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31080, p1
Announces that the February 2001 issuance of a multimillion-dollar offering in school construction bonds through the New Jersey Economic Development Authority (EDA) is postponed to March 2001. Reason given by Jim Poole, director of the Office of Public Finance, for the delay; Lawsuit filed by...
- BOOKER LEADS LONEGAN BY HUGE MARGIN IN NJ RACE. // Hill;9/16/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 102, p7
The article reports on the results of a poll from the Rutgers/Eagleton Institute of Politics which reveal that 64 percent of voters back Newark Mayor Cory Booker against rival Steve Lonegan in the special Senate election in New Jersey on October 16, 2013.
- Rising Star Booker Wins U.S. Senate Seat. // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;10/23/2013, Vol. 48 Issue 31, p3
The article offers information on American politician Cory Booker who won the U.S. Senate seat on October 23, 2013 in Newark, New Jersey. It informs that Booker was a supporter of U.S. President Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential reelection campaign. It states that Booker is a politician, a...
- Yields Rise as Market Begins to Hum Again. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the rise of the weekly yield index of "The Bond Buyer" in light to moderate secondary trading as there is a slowdown of activities after a holiday lull in the U.S.
- Wisconsin's New Leaders Tap Market for $430M. Shields, Yvette // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p12
The articl reports on the plan of Wisconsin to sell its 20-year general oblication bonds for 430 million dollars to fund bricks-and-mortar capital projects in the first debt issuance of the new administration.
- Top 25 issuers in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p22A
Lists the top 25 bond issuers in California, as ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes California Housing Finance Agency; Anaheim Public Finance Authority; Los Angeles School District; State of California; Bond assignments; Principal amount;...