Fund Flows: Muni Funds Enjoy Positive November Despite Stock Attraction
- Municipal Issues Finish Weaker As Treasuries Fall on Stock Gains. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;6/18/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31410, p2
Reports the weaker tone of municipal bonds as of June 18, 2002 in the U.S. Decline on the stock gains of Treasury bonds; Status of the broad-based price action; Increase in the equity prices.
- Muni Bond Funds Enjoy Heady February as Inflows Continue. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;4/3/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31357, p6
Reports the increase of the net inflow of municipal bond funds in the U.S. as of February 2002. Decline in the investor interest in stock funds; Rise of assets held in municipal funds; Increase in the percentage of overall assets.
- With '04 Behind Them, Muni Funds Gain $870M in January. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/2/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32081, p6
The article reports that, according to Investment Company Institute data, municipal bond mutual fund inflows grew to $870 million in January and equity fund inflows slowed to $8,718 billion. The sizeable inflows into municipal funds contrasted with a dismal 2004, in which the funds experienced...
- Bond fever. Egan, Jack // U.S. News & World Report;02/02/98, Vol. 124 Issue 4, p56
Reports on the state of the bond market, as of February 2, 1998. Flight into bond funds; Bond mutual funds compared to stock funds; Danger with bonds; Bonds unexciting investments; Holding onto a bond until maturity; Complicated bond funds; Why bonds are attractive; Three future bond scenarios;...
- Danbury Pension Likes Dividend, Alternatives. Giardina, Michael // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;6/ 4/2013, p1
The article discusses the City of Danbury, Connecticut General Employees Pension Plan's intent to allocate a portion of its 70.1 million-dollar domestic equity funds to Hamlin Capital Management, an income-oriented, independent 1940's Act investment advisory firm investing in municipal bonds and...
- High-Yield Munis Jump as Puerto Rico Bounces Off Lows. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;11/13/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F344, p1
The municipal high yield sector, slumping since before the second quarter, started to rally in October.
- Muni ETFs' First Year a Hard One. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;11/20/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33008, p1
The article reports that municipal bond exchange traded funds (ETF) faced historic illiquidity and the implosion of the bond insurance industry in the U.S. Municipal ETFs through quantitative analysis try to mirror their indexes by holding a sampling of bonds in the indexes. According to Matthew...
- Van Eck Targets High-Yield Munis. // Research;Apr2009, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p20
The article reports on the launching of the Market Vectors High Yield Municipal Index ETF (HYD) by Van Eck Global company in the U.S. which is stabilized to the performance of high yielding municipal bonds. It states that the fund conforms to the Barclays Capital Municipal Custom High Yield...
- A First: Muni Bond ETF. Posner, Matthew // Financial Planning;Aug2007, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p26
The article reports that the first municipal bond exchange-traded fund (ETF) will be offered by Barclays Global Investors iShares following its filing of a prospectus with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. The company has 16 fixed-income ETFs that manage about $25 billion. According...