OREGON: Bypassing Bonds
- Muni Council Meeting Postponed One Month Because of REP Delays. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/16/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31554, p29
Reports on delay in the meeting of Municipal Council in Washington due to delay in request for proposals to establish a central disclosure post office facility. Organizations hosting the meeting; Revised date of the meeting; Purpose of establishing the post office facility.
- Hackney aims to lose its `rotten' reputation. Overell, Stephen // People Management;11/21/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 23, p12
Focuses on the human resource (HR)-driven change programme of Hackney council to transform its reputation as London's most rotten borough. Function of HR; Comments concerning the reputation of the council; Its management development initiative.
- The financier of last resort. Waxman, Lionel // Inside Tucson Business;3/10/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 39, p5
Reports on the role of city council in Tucson, Arizona. Ordinance requiring residents to keep up the appearance of homes to the satisfaction of city authorities; Projected budget deficit of the city.
- Good earth award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);9/16/96, Vol. 43 Issue 38, p1
Reports that the Riverhead, New York town council has unanimously supported a bond issue for the town's first farmland preservation program.
- GVMC makes financial mark over four years. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;02/16/98, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p9
Reports on the financial performance of the Grand Valley Metro Council in Grand Rapids, Michigan for its 1997 fiscal year. Budget surplus of $79,000; Comment from Cyril Moore, treasurer of Grand Valley Metro Council; Comparison of expenditures between 1993 and 1997; Other financial improvements...
- Don't beat water issue to death with more `input' // Inside Tucson Business;12/18/95, Vol. 5 Issue 38, p4
Editorial. Criticizes Tuscon's City Council's way of handling the delivery of clean water to the homes of consumers. Molly McKasson's idea of leadership.
- Candidates vie for Oro Valley council seats. Elliott, Robert S. // Inside Tucson Business;2/26/96, Vol. 5 Issue 48, p1
Reports on the issues that concern candidates running for seats on Oro Valley's Town Council in Tucson, Arizona. View of candidates Paul Loomis and John Clarke to limit building permits; Standards for prospective developers; Increase in number of businesses in Oro Valley since 1991; Move for...
- Council helpers to be hired. Moore, Thomas // Las Vegas Business Press;9/25/95, Vol. 12 Issue 38, p3
Reports on the plan of the city of Las Vegas, Nevada, to hire helpers for the City Council. Reason why the city had come up which such a decision; Cost the of the said move for the city concerned.
- New Center after GM: Plan imagines an `urban village.' Serwach, Joseph; Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;07/14/97, Vol. 13 Issue 28, p3
Reports on the strategic plan which the New Center Area Council in Detroit, Michigan, has devised for the post-General Motors (GM) era. When the plan is expected to be made public; Support for the plan; Details on GM's domination of the New Center.