CALIFORNIA: Wetlands for Runways
- CD'A Airport runway upgrade looms. Hatch, Addy // Journal of Business (10756124);04/05/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 8, pA8
Reports on the planned upgrading project for the Coeur d'Alene Airport in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. Cost and duration of the project.
- Runway to open amid ongoing projects. Bennett, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/6/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p3
Reports the roadwork project of Cleveland Hopkins International Airport in Ohio. Alleviation of air traffic congestions; Expansion of the runway; Budget of the projects.
- Runway foes would appeal IAA approval. Shankle, Greta // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/3/94, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p1A
Reports on the opposition to the Indianapolis Airport Authority Board's approval of a plan for a runway at the Indianapolis Metropolitan Airport. Cost of the project; Coalition Against Runway Expansion's plan to appeal the decision to a federal court; Contention that the noise generated by...
- Grant Aids Runway Expansion. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/11/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p20
Reports that a $164,000 state grant was awarded to cover the most of the cost of planning and designing the expansion of Tulip City Airport's expansion of its east-west runway in Holland, Michigan. Reasons for expanding the runway.
- Extension of McClellan-Palomar Runway Still Far on the Horizon. York, Tom // San Diego Business Journal;11/29/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 48, p12
The article focuses on the issue of the extension of the McClellan-Palomar's runway to 5,900 feet from current 4,9000 feet.
- FOUR FOR FRAPORT. // Business Traveller (Asia-Pacific Edition);Dec2011, p13
This article offers information on expansion projects at Frankfurt Airport, which includes the completed fourth runway and the underway A-Plus Terminal extension.
- Last week's poll: how can the UK best meet future air capacity needs? // Engineer (Online Edition);9/5/2012, p9
The article details the results of a poll about the best option for Great Britain to meet its future air capacity needs which include 39.7% of respondents citing a new hub airport in the Thames Estuary in England, 22.3% noting that no airport expansion is needed in the Southeast and 19.3% citing...
- $4 billion set for runway jobs. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;03/31/97, Vol. 238 Issue 13, p16
Reports that the largest airports in the United States have more than $4 billion in runway projects underway to keep up with air traffic growth. Federal Aviation Administration's 1996 Aviation Capacity Enhancement Plan; Plan to fund projects through reinstatement of aviation taxes and 1997...
- The unfinished story of a runaway. Sappenfield, Mark // Christian Science Monitor;2/12/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 54, p1
Reports on activists who attempt to obstruct airports from adding runways, focusing on the efforts to build a new runway at Logan International Airport in Boston, Massachusetts.