Illinois-Based Acme Metals Defaults on $19 Million in Bonds
- Metal company sells bonds. // Waste News;9/30/96, Vol. 2 Issue 20, p29
States that Acme Metals Incorporated completed sales of bonds worth several million dollars, on September 25, 1996. Plans for the use of proceeds from sales.
- Record Mello-Roos defaults are forecast in California. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;09/03/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30222, p1
Reports that problems in California's land-backed bond sector will probably lead to a record $150 million in defaults in 1997, according to the California Municipal Bond Advisor. Real estate market conditions; Investors' reception to bonds issued by the so-called `second-tier' communities;...
- Mich. Firm Missed 2001 Payment. // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p31
Reports on the notice of default filed by the trustee of the bonds sold in 1997 through the Redford Township Economic Development Corp. on behalf of Z-Technologies Corp. in Michigan. Schedule of payments to the bond reserve fund; Issuance of the limited-obligation, first-mortgage revenue bonds;...
- Good news in HY: defaults may ease. O'Leary, Christopher // High Yield Report;02/21/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p6
Forecasts the remission of bond defaults in the United States. Impact of default fears on the market; Contribution of the collapse of the Iridium LLC to bond default rates; Performance of seasonal issues; Causes of the stabilization of the market.
- Forthcoming Articles. // Review of Financial Studies;Dec2011, Vol. 24 Issue 12, pNP
A list is presented of articles scheduled for future publication including "Are Corporate Default Probabilities Consistent with the Static Trade-off Theory?" by Armen Hovakimian, Ayla Kayhan, and Sheridan Titman, "Do Country-level Investor Protections Impact Security-level Contract Design?...
- Philadelphia Authority for Industrial Development. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;06/08/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30657, p11
Reports on a defaulted debt issued through the Philadelphia Authority for Industrial Development. Vote of bondholders.
- For defaulted Texas bonds, the risk has become the story. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;09/28/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30735, p26
Reports on defaulted Texas multifamily housing bonds in 1999. Story of the Pampa Housing Finance; Uses of the proceeds from bond sales.
- N.Y. Officials: State Had No Moral Obligation to Back Defaulted Bonds. Raffaele, Louis; Hecht, Franklin // Bond Buyer;10/1/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31234, p44
Comments on the article 'N.Y. Health Agency Under the Gun for Technical Default' published in the September 17, 2001 issue of 'The Bond Buyer' in New York. Issuance of lease revenue bonds; Legal and contractual obligations of the state during the term of the lease; Option of the Department of...
- 1.8m county bond issue goes into default. Harman, Liz // San Diego Business Journal;5/16/94, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the default of a $1.8 million county bond in San Diego, California following Western Communities' failure to make interest payments. Impact on bondholder investments; Potential loss of California upon foreclosure of properties connected to the bond; Mortgage backing of the bond;...