Utah Lawmaker Offers Private-School Tax Credit to Solve Crowding
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;12/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31029, p38
Tabulates the report of The Bond Buyer newspaper on the legislative status of bills and legislation in the United States. Failed attempts to increase tax credits; Number of co-sponsors of HR 425; Legislators introducing HR 433; Prevention of financial institutions affiliations.
- Before play, lawmakers must finish their work. Brush, Silla; Snyder, Jim // Hill;5/19/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 57, p12
The article offers information on the bills needed to work on by U.S. legislators inorder to meet the deadline set by President Barack Obama before legislators leave for the Memorial Day recess.
- It's Crunch Time For Bills As End Of Session Looms. Wentworth, Jeff // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);5/2/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p14
The article reports that Senators in the Texas Senate are working hard to ensure the passage of bills by the last day of the 80th Legislative Session on May 28, 2007.
- This congressional season, heavy lifting is about over. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;6/10/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p11
Focuses on the political activities of legislators in the U.S. Works on the appropriations of political bill for spending on terrorism and homeland security; Separation of vote by the Democrats forcing the Republicans to go in a record in favor of raising the national debt; Deregulation of...
- The Flynn Report. Flynn, Dan // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);4/5/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p7
The article reports that the Texas House of Representatives has passed House Bill 1, the Appropriations Bill for the 2009-2010 biennium.
- Legislature faces shutdown vote. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;6/14/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 139, p2
The article reports that legislators in New York encounters insufficiency in votes to pass the emergency spending bill.
- The Company We Keep. // America;2/9/1935, Vol. 52 Issue 18, p415
The article presents views on a bill introduced by Senator Barbour of New Jersey prohibiting the Secretary of State to deal with countries that conduct religious or racial persecution. It agrees that the U.S. should communicate its moral stand on these nations by not engaging in trade relations...
- The Flynn Report. Flynn, Dan // Edgewood Enterprise (TX);4/5/2007, Vol. 100 Issue 14, p7
The article reports that Texas House of Representatives have passed the House Bill 1, the Appropriations Bill for the 2009-2010 biennium.
- GOP trio in the Senate could help Obama pass much of his agenda. Rushing, J. Taylor // Hill;2/12/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p6
The article reports on U.S. Republican Senators Susan Collins, Olympia Snowe, and Arlen Specter, who helped carry the Senate economic stimulus bill in the country.