OEMs Becoming EMS Providers: Can it Work?
- The 41-Year Plan. // PC FAB;Jun2002, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p56
Describes the change in the business plans of KCA Electronics and APT Electronics. Brief background on KCA; Reasons for the diversification; Performance of APT.
- The 'Shape-Shifting' Marketplace. Swanstrom, Kenneth A. // ECN: Electronic Component News;Jan2002 Part1of2, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p29
Focuses on the business schemes of contract manufacturing services (CMS) of electronics industry. Objective of outsourcing; Growth of CMS; Approach to sustain the business.
- Every Company Needs a Chinese Strategy. Johnson, Grant // ECN: Electronic Component News;Nov2002, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p29
Explains the importance for the electronics industry to emulate the corporate strategies promoted by the Chinese government. Enumeration of the features of the Chinese business strategy; Effectiveness of the strategy evident in the Chinese admission to the World Trade Organization.
- Elminating High-Volume Manufacturing Bottlenecks. Walther, Glen // Printed Circuit Design;Apr2002, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on eliminating high-volume manufacturing in the electronics industry. Discussion on the function and viability of prototype devices; Advantages of considering concerns of high-volume manufacturing at the prototype phase; Importance of planning and communication if prototype design is...
- Don't Be Afraid To Criticize The Emperor's New Strategy. Reinertsen, Don // Electronic Design;05/15/2000, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p58
Offers advice on the proper implementation of business strategy in the electronics industry. Establishment of a target market; Need for knowledge of the competition; Need for information content in business strategies.
- Pioneer's Agenda Embraces Several Technologies. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;12/18/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p8
Details the business plans of Pioneer Electronics in New York, New York. Introduction of home networks; Demonstration of blue laser digital video disc; Plans to increase the sales of plasma displays; Business expansion in China.
- Putting Out Supply Chain Fires. Royal, Weld // Industry Week/IW;05/21/2001, Vol. 250 Issue 8, p20
Focuses on the business planning of the electronics industry in response to tantalum capacitors shortage in the United States. Expansion of facility by Kemet Electronics Corp; Change of product design by Agilent Technologies Inc.; Factors contributing to the deficit in capacitors.
- It's Usually Better To Do The Hard Things First...But Not Always. Reinertsen, Don // Electronic Design;11/06/2000, Vol. 48 Issue 23, p64
Emphasizes the need to resolve the greatest risks first when planning for electronic design industries' projects while carefully thinking about how the risks will be resolved on the project. Progress generated in beginning with the easy tasks of the project; Impact of the sense of progress to...
- Odd Form Assembly Challenges. Boulanger, Richard; Earley, Stan // Circuits Assembly;Aug2003, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p32
An odd form application had an unacceptable mean time between assists (MTBA) and mean time to repair (MTTR). The net result was excessive handling and labor and poor yields. The application had a large electrolytic capacitor that was packaged in Bandoleer tape with approximately 1,500 parts per...