All Solder Pastes Are Not Created Equal
- Using lead-free solder. Henkenius, M. // Popular Mechanics;Jun91, Vol. 168 Issue 6, p61
Discusses how the Lead Contamination Control Act has brought solders into use that are a good deal stronger and better than the generations-old tin/lead standby. Tips on using new lead-free solders; Assessing the lead risk; Lead-testing kit.
- A guide to better soldering. Thurber Jr., Karl T. // Popular Electronics;Sep94, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p37
Presents tips for better soldering. Use of the right flux and tools; Accessories; Maintenance of soldering tool; Preparation of the connection and solder; Avoidance of component damage; Desoldering; Special solder jobs. INSET: Names and numbers (electronics companies)..
- Soldering. // Design News;12/26/94, Vol. 50 Issue 25, p573
Lists companies in the United States that manufacture soldering equipment. Alloys; Equipment; Flux.
- Some Congruences on S(X). Pei, Huisheng; Guo, Yufang // Southeast Asian Bulletin of Mathematics;2000, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p73
Abstract. Some congruences on S(X) are investigated in this paper. A unique atom in the sublattice [C(E), C[sub Î±](E)] is determined for some spaces X and S-equivalences E and X.
- Abundant Left C-lpp Proper Semigroups. Guo, Xiaojiang // Southeast Asian Bulletin of Mathematics;2000, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p41
Abstract. The aim of this paper is to study a class of left abundant semigroups, so-called abundant left C-lpp proper semigroups including left type A proper semigroups and right inverse proper semigroups as its subclasses. A structure theorem similar to McAlister's for inverse proper semigroups...
- Using Solder Fountains. Ferry, Jeff // Circuits Assembly;Nov2001, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p60
Focuses on an increase in usage of solder fountains with the introduction of lead-free solders. Pros and cons of solder fountain; Steps to be followed in working with solder fountains; Rework tips to be followed when working with solder fountain.
- Death of a Battery. Munson, Terry // Circuits Assembly;Nov2001, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p61
Focuses on hand soldering process. Causes of faults in the soldered product; Usage of weal organic acids as fluxes; Appropriate amount of flux to be used in soldering.
- Surface-Mount Solder Attachments. Crawford, Jack; Engelmaier, Werner // Circuits Assembly;Jul2002, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p28
Focuses on the impact of questionable test regimens and extravagant claims for IPC to develop a standard to ensure proper solder joint reliability in the U.S. Importance of design for reliability for proper performance; Identification of the accelerated testing issues; Reliability of the test...
- The Devil's in the Details: Tombstoning Revisited. Hymes, Les // Circuits Assembly;Oct2002, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p20
Presents question and answer advisory on soldering and tombstoning. Benefits of using a nitrogen-enhanced soldering; Relation of tombstoning with variations in wetting forces and speeds; Factors which can contribute to tombstoning.