The End of an Era
- We Aim to Create Optimum Conditions for Dynamic Development in Air-Treatment Equipment. Vild, Josef // Czech Business & Trade;2004, Issue 11/12, p39
Reports on the objectives in the establishment of the Association of Manufacturers and Suppliers of Air Treatment Equipment in Czech Republic. Research and development projects in the field of heavy and light air-treatment equipment; Pursuit of common interests in environmental protection and...
- BUSINESS NEWS. // Quality;Mar2006, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p12
This article discusses developments pertinent to quality control in the U.S. manufacturing industries. Edmund Optics received a government research and development contract for advanced manufacturing tools for the production of complex conformal and advanced optical elements. ISO 14001...
- DEALS. // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;May/Jun2005, p08
Presents updates on the contracts entered into by companies in the automotive manufacturing industry as of June 2005. Purpose of the research and development agreement signed by Arcelor and ThyssenKrupp Stahl; Number of foam casting cores ordered by material technology company Cymat from Georg...
- Research impact assessment. Kostoff, Ronald N. // Business Economics;Jan1993, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p44
Describes the evaluation of research impact by the federal government for research selection, review and ex-post research assessment. Identification of the strengths and weaknesses of methods used; Summary of the report `Research Impact Assessment.'
- Research & development. // Business News New Jersey;1998 Book of Lists, Vol. 11, p107
Ranks research & development companies in New Jersey by number of researchers in their payroll. Includes Lucent Technologies/Bell Laboratories; Bristol-Myers Squibb; The State University of New Jersey in Rutgers.
- City cash to help fund NeoMed's clinical studies. Stacklin, Jeff // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/13/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p5
Reports the public support in financing the clinical studies of NeoMed Technologies Inc. in Cleveland, Ohio. Amount of the research grant; Promotion of the technology community for economic development; Competition in developing the technology to detect coronary artery disease.
- CROSS-COUNTRY R&D AND GROWTH: VARIATIONS ON A THEME OF MANKIW-ROMER-WEIL. Park, Walter G.; Brat, David A. // Eastern Economic Journal;Summer96, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p345
Focuses on the effects of research and development (R&D) investments in the divergence and convergence process. Empirical specification; Empirical results; Steady-state equation; Conclusion.
- Tough choices for a tight budget. Metzger, Norman // Issues in Science & Technology;Winter95, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p33
Reports that constraints on government research and development spending had made it imperative to identify what programs have the most potential to yield results. Consequences of a constrained federal support for science and technology; Need for clear principles to guide decisions concerning...
- R&D alert. Miller, William H. // Industry Week/IW;6/03/96, Vol. 245 Issue 11, p61
Reports on the result of the study `Endless Frontier, Limited Resources,' stating that the United States is losing its research and development (R&D) leadership. Convergent forces relating to the plunge in the nation's R&D; Shifting search away from central laboratories; Need to channel...