For ERP Success, Create a Culture Change
- Cultures and coalitions. Kotter, John // Executive Excellence;Mar1998, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p14
Discusses the need for leaders to develop and nurture a corporate culture that is adaptive to change. Shared values among people in an organizational culture; Characteristics of healthy cultures; Steps to successful transformation.
- Eastern and Western Management: Different Worlds. // Training & Development Journal;Aug82, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p11
Compares management strategies and systems in Japan and the U.S. Relative merits and disadvantages of the management systems; Effects of cultural factors in the Japanese and American management styles; Implications on occupational training and manpower development.
- Functionality is determined by how an organization deals with failure. Jones, Tom E. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;01/18/99, Issue 322409, p6
Discusses several various corporate culture handles risk and feedback. Presume culture; Process culture; Progress culture; Perform culture; Overcoming dysfunction.
- Commentary: Do American Theories Apply Abroad? Goodstein, Leonard D. // Organizational Dynamics;Summer81, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p49
Expounds on the findings and conclusions of Dutch psychologist Geert Hofstede regarding the application of American management theories abroad. Features of Hofstede's model; Impact of differences in national cultures on business relationships between the U.S. and Japan; Analysis of theories of...
- Putting an end to rumor-mongering. // Supervisory Management;Jun95, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p2
Advises company managers on the development of a reliable inside-company information network by building strong collegial relationships and putting a stop on rumor-mongering. Prevalence of office gossip.
- How to Build a Positive Organizational Culture. Rinke, Wolf J. // Food Management;Nov98, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p17
Focuses on culture as the key component that gives a company or operation the sustainable competitive advantage. Definition of culture; Reason culture is important; Tips on how a manager fosters a positive culture.
- How's Your Company Personality? Eaton, Kenneth J. // Industrial Management;Feb68, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p13
Focuses on the components in developing an organizational personality in businesses. Needs of every firms of a balance of different type personalities; Role of profit manager in controlling the balance in organizational personality; Considerations in achieving an organizational balance.
- Ritual in Business: Building a Corporate Culture Through Symbolic Management. Lange, Christian // Industrial Management;Jul/Aug91, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p21
Focuses on the formation of a corporate culture through symbolic management. Discussion on several business rituals; Characteristics of a symbolic manager; Influence of employee behavior in the formation of corporate culture.
- Management must find, eliminate causes of mistrust. Fishman, Allen // Inside Tucson Business;10/14/96, Vol. 6 Issue 29, p11
Presents advice on how to eliminate distrust between middle managers and supervisors. Hiring of an unbiased, outside party to investigate the causes of mistrust in corporate culture; Top causes of mistrust and solutions to these causes.