HR Answers to Employees' 529 Plan Questions
- College grads face steeper bills. Wollenberg, Yvonne Chilik // Medical Economics;4/11/2003, Vol. 80 Issue 7, p17
Reports on the increases in the average student debt for undergraduates in the U.S. for the year 2002. Comparison of debt by students in the private and public colleges and those in law and medical schools.
- Can't afford college? // New Mexico Business Journal;Sep93, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p15
Presents financial aid tips for college education from the Albuquerque Technical-Vocational Institute in New Mexico. Merit and minority scholarships; Creation of a permanent file to keep financial aid materials for reference; Understanding financial responsibility; More.
- College affordable or over priced? // Edgewood Enterprise (TX);5/10/2007, Vol. 100 Issue 19, p3
The article discusses the issue concerning the costs of college education in the U.S.
- Cost hikes blamed on regulatory compliance. C.D. // Community College Week;8/12/96, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p3
Reports on a congressional hearing looking into the reasons behind the increase in college costs in the United States. Result of compliance with federal regulations; View of Gordon Gee, president of Ohio State University; Committee members' request for identification of rules and regulations for...
- Investment shock. Anton, Genevieve // IRE Journal;May/Jun2000, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p29
Criticizes the Colorado Prepaid Tuition Fund, a prepaid tuition program.
- College costs. Humphrey, Marsha // Grand Rapids Parent Magazine;Mar97, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p9
Offers suggestions for parents on how to cope with rising college costs. Reasons why tuition costs have increased; Average increase in the college cost price index (CCPI); Availability of financial aid money; Investment options to help parents battle rising college costs.
- STICKER SHOCK. Randinelli, Tracey // Careers & Colleges;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p10
Explores the perception of most people on college costs. Reason for the inflated perception of college costs; Myths on college costs; Tips for students on handling education finance.
- A Short Course in College Savings Plans. Glazer, Larry // Workforce;Sep2002, Vol. 81 Issue 9, p50
Discusses factors that employers should consider when selecting Section 529 plans, a tax-advantaged plan for college education expenses in the U.S. Tax benefits coverage; Amount of contributions; Availability of investment options.
- CASH FOR CLASS. // Teen Tribute;Fall2001, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p28
Suggests tips on how to save for college tuition fees.