HOW TO STRUCTURE A TRAINING SESSION
- THE LIVING ROOM WORKOUT. Kemp, Rob // Four Four Two;Mar2012, Issue 213, p128
The article offers step-by-step instructions for performing living room workout drills for football players including one-footers against the wall, one-leg squats using a chair, and figure-four double crunch.
- Gigantic kicking power. // U+S+ Kids;Sep95, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p28
Presents an isometric leg extension exercise for soccer players. Duration of the exercise; Stretching of the quadriceps after the exercise.
- IMPROVE YOUR SPEED OF FOOT. // Four Four Two;Mar2011, Issue 201, p130
The article offers step-by-step instructions for improving one's footwork in football.
- Five Favorite Practices from Heather Benning. // Soccer Journal;May/Jun2011, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p50
The article offers practices for training session to get soccer players moving, touching the ball and interact with teammates in the U.S. The practice starts with a 10-15 minute exercise which warms the bodies of the athletes for dynamic stretching. It notes that athletes will respond best if...
- How to improve explosive power. Adams, Brandie // Wellness Options;2007, Issue 32, p31
This article offers exercise drills to improve explosive power need in sports such as soccer or ultimate frisbee where the player must stop and start and change direction frequently. The drill, called the speed skater, is explained as is the exercise called the cross-over step. Directions are...
- Isokinetic strength training program for muscular imbalances in professional soccer players. Gioftsidou, A.; Ispirlidis, I.; Pafis, G.; Malliou, P.; Bikos, C.; Godolias, G. // Sport Sciences for Health;Sep2007, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p101
The aim of the study was to investigate the effect of a muscular training program on soccer playersâ€™ performance of which initially appeared imbalances or deficits. The study was conducte on 68 professional soccer players (age, 24.1Â±5.7 years; weight, 76.8Â±5.7 kg; height, 1.82Â±7...
- Effects of a high-intensity intermittent training program on aerobic capacity and lipid profile in trained subjects. Ouerghi, Nejmeddine; Khammassi, Marwa; Boukorraa, Sami; Feki, Moncef; Kaabachi, Naziha; Bouassida, Anissa // Open Access Journal of Sports Medicine;2014, Vol. 5, p243
Background: Data regarding the effect of training on plasma lipids are controversial. Most studies have addressed continuous or long intermittent training programs. The present study evaluated the effect of short-short high-intensity intermittent training (HIIT) on aerobic capacity and plasma...
- The Importance of Variety. Parr, Robert // Soccer Journal;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p58
The article offers the author's insights on the importance of providing variety of exercises in the training session for soccer players. He says that the more varieties of exercise provided during the practices help players obtain the skills demanded in the game. He adds that coaches should not...
- AVOIDING OVERTRAINING IN YOUTH SOCCER PLAYERS. Cressor, Justin // Soccer Journal;May/Jun2012, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p50
The article discusses the ways on how to recognize the signs of overtraining and how to prevent it in youth soccer players. It mentions the most effective way to avoid overtraining which is to design and plan an efficient training routine that considers volume and intensity of training as well...