A Time to Recommit
- Grief and Grace at Ground Zero. Caulfield, Brian // Human Life Review;Fall2001, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p19
Relates experiences of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the United States. Personal accounts of the author and his family; Presentation of the responses of the Americans; Description of the nature of terrorists
- Bored to Be a Hero. Speckhard, Peter A. // Touchstone: A Journal of Mere Christianity;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p19
The author reflects on the events occurred in his life. He mentions about how many times he really pondered on national or global events such as the liberation of Kuwait in 1991 and the terrorist attack on September 11, 2001 in the U.S. Meanwhile, he also notes that he felt the sting of the...
- Perspective From Ground Zero. Fernandez, Jill B. // Access;Nov2001, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p20
Presents the author's accounts of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack at the World Trade Center (WTC) in New York City and its impact on her personal life. Accounts of seeing the first building of WTC on fire; Sense of vulnerability felt by the author after the attack; Changes in the...
- COHORTS, CHRONOLOGY, AND COLLECTIVE MEMORIES. Schuman, Howard; Rodgers, Willard L. // Public Opinion Quarterly;Summer2004, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p217
We asked Americans to tell us the national and world events that they believe to have been especially important since the 1930s, using replicated cross-section surveys carried out in 1985, in 2000, and after September 11, 2001. Our primary interests are, first, in how collective memories change...
- THIRD CHANCE. // Christian Century;8/28/2002, Vol. 119 Issue 18, p6
Highlights the experiences of Bruce Stephan and his wife which changed their lives. Location of Stephan when the earthquake hit the Oakland-San Francisco area in California in 1989; Experience of the couple during the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the U.S.
- Dental Hygiene & America's War on Terrorism. Gervasi, Rosetta // Access;Nov2001, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p18
Presents the firsthand accounts of members of American Dental Hygienists' Association (ADHA) concerning the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack at the World Trade Center (WTC) in New York City. Remarks of ADHA president Ann Naber on the terrorist attack; Accounts of Carla Wright of Wichita,...
- 5 years later, how much has changed? // Crain's Detroit Business;9/11/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p8
The article presents information on how things stand today after five years since the dreadful September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the United States. Many Americans were affected by the U.S. military actions after the attacks. But those actions didn't affect the daily lives of most...
- The Anniversary: 9/11. Glazer, Gwen // National Journal;9/9/2006, Vol. 38 Issue 36, p98
The article reports on the results of a survey on the lasting effects of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the U.S. conducted by the Associated Press and Ipsos Public Affairs. 23% of the respondents claimed that the event made them more aware of the world around them.
- There are no guarantees in life, only trust. Katterjohn, Chris // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/22/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p15
Focuses on the events violating the basic trust of individuals in the United States. Emotional effect of the shootings at Columbine High School and the bombing of the federal building in Oklahoma City; Impact of the September 11 terrorist attack on the American psyche; Efforts of Americans for...