- POINT OF VIEW: A PHOTO MAP OF GERMANY. Weski, Thomas // Aperture;Spring91, Issue 123, p88
The author reflects on the history of photography in Germany. He cites the sacrifices made by various artists when the Nazis ruled the country in 1933. The post-war German society had to rebuild the artistic culture that was destroyed. He believes that with the reunification of the country,...
- Urgent appeal for nurses of East Timor. Iliffe, Jill // Australian Nursing Journal;May2007, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p1
The author encourages all nurses in Australia to donate $5 for the assistance of the nurses in East Timor who had their homes and possessions destroyed during a violence in their country. She mentions that nurses can donate on the Internet, make a deposit at a bank or by sending a cheque to the...
- An E.coli outbreak nearly destroys a company; how crisis management helped restore consumer confidence. // Public Relations Tactics;Jun2007, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p7
The article focuses on how crisis management helped Odwalla Inc., a California-based company which manufactures juice concoctions, from being destroyed. It was October 1996 when the State of Washington Environmental Health Services had linked their products to some cases of Escherichia coli....
- No time for delays in N.J.'s rebuilding infrastructure. // njbiz;11/26/2012, p15
In the article, the author criticizes the order limiting the permitting needed to rebuild infrastructures that were damaged by Hurricane Sandy in New Jersey in late 2012, claiming that destroyed structures like homes, roads and bridges should be rebuilt immediately.
- Healy defends 2fm shake-up. // Daily Mail;3/25/2014, p10
RTÃ‰ chief Dan Healy has defended the shake-up of 2fm in order to attract more listeners by claiming 'you have to destroy the radio station to rebuild it'.
- God save our billions of dollars. Ernsberger Jr., R.; Foote, J. // Newsweek;9/24/1990, Vol. 116 Issue 13, p67
Discusses some of the vast financial holdings of Kuwait, which, while not making up for the loss of the country, do keep the Kuwaiti economy alive and working in exile. Restoring confidence in Kuwaiti banks; Proving ownership of Kuwaiti companies and investment accounts; `Our (domestic) economy...
- Franco Spain Today. Gersh, Gabriel // America;7/22/1961, Vol. 105 Issue 17, p543
The author describes life in Spain under the regime of Generalissimo Francisco Franco as of July 1961. He notes that Franco's government has mostly succeeded in rebuilding key infrastructures within the country that were destroyed during the Spanish Civil War, and that the Spanish people's...
- The President Must Combat Commercialism to Rebuild America. Aguirre, Michael J. // La Prensa San Diego;1/13/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p6
The author reflects on the need for U.S. President Barack Obama to combat commercialism in order to rebuild the country.
- The Perfect Squelch. Benson, Harry L. // Saturday Evening Post;1/19/1957, Vol. 229 Issue 29, p79
Presents a humorous story about the donation given by a U.S. citizen to help rebuild a local opera house in Germany which had been partly destroyed by World War II bombings.
- Stillborn. Woodard, Colin // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p17
Offers a look at the condition in Mostar, Bosnia after the war in 1992. Damages left by the war; Information on the bridges that were destroyed; Description of the place; Efforts made by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization to rebuild the country.