IMRT May Cause Cardiac Device Malfunction
- Continuing Medical Education: Infections of Cardiovascular Implantable Electronic Devices. // New England Journal of Medicine;9/27/2012, Vol. 367 Issue 13, p1272
A correction to the article "Continuing Medical Education: Infections of Cardiovascular Implantable Electronic Devices" that was published in "The New England Journal of Medicine" in 2012 is presented.
- Infections of Cardiovascular Implantable Electronic Devices. // New England Journal of Medicine;10/11/2012, Vol. 367 Issue 15, p1474
A correction to the article "Infections of Cardiovascular Implantable Electronic Devices" that was published in the 2012 issue is presented.
- Heart-assist device approved. // FDA Consumer;Dec94, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p2
Reports that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved the first implantable heart-assist device on September 30, 1994. Hopes for improved chances of survival for patients waiting for a heart transplant; The Heartmate Implantable Pneumatic Left Ventricular Assist System.
- Drug-eluting balloons data indicate therapeutic potential. Bechtel, Brian; Ellis, Brian; Fisher, Stacey; Harris, Jason; Kalvaitis, Katie; Southall, Jennifer; Volansky, Rob; Zacharyczuk, Colleen // Cardiology Today;Nov2010, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p18
This article reveals that there is a consensus among a panel of researchers on the potential of drug-eluting balloons in various cardiovascular applications based on completed and ongoing trials.
- Implantable radial pump assists damaged hearts. King, Russell H. // Design News;6/12/95, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p107
Focuses on the use of implantable ventricular-assist devices (VADs) in assisting damaged or diseased hearts pump blood. Cleveland Clinic's unique VAD design; Solution of clotting and damage problems; Design of motor components.
- The beat goes on. Kunzig, Robert // Discover;Jan2000, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p33
Reports on progress in the development of artificial hearts. Testing of the artificial hearts developed by Abiomed research director Robert Kung and bioengineer Alan Snyder; Description of how a natural heart works; Incorporation of a separate engine between the ventricles of the artificial...
- Cardiac pacing. // Nursing Standard;11/24/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p58
A quiz on cardiac pacemakers is presented.
- New device detects changes in heart…. // Medical Device Daily;4/29/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 83, Special section p1
The article offers information on the AngelMed Guardian implantable heart monitor device for heart attack patients.
- The Edinburgh heart valve study. Taylor, K.M. // Heart;Jul2003, Vol. 89 Issue 7, p697
Characterizes durability as a performance indicator for artificial heart valves. Types of artificial valves; Design and manufacture of artificial heart valves; Clinical outcome of mechanical valves in comparison to bioprosthetic vales.