Missile Defense. . . From The Sea
- Special warfare's newest boat makes its mark. Mooney, Ray // All Hands;Jun96, Issue 950, p6
Features the MK 5 Patrol Boat of the United States Navy. Operation of the boat by graduates of the Navy's combatant craft course; Maintenance of its twin-engine propulsion system; Composition of the MK 5 detachment; Other features of the boat.
- Patrol craft packs a punch. Pope, Gregory T.; Chien, Philip // Popular Mechanics;Aug95, Vol. 172 Issue 8, p28
Features the Navy's Cyclone-class patrol boats. Debut of craft in operations off Haiti; Rollout of USS Shamal vessel in early 1996; Acceleration; Armaments.
- Riverine Creates New Wake. Frantom, Todd // All Hands;Sep2011, Issue 1134, p14
The article focuses on the Riverine Command Boat (RCB) which provides U.S. Navy and security forces the ability to travel bays and coastal regions and expands command and control capabilities to reach maritime security.
- HMS Belfast. // Professional Engineering;6/2/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p56
The article offers information on HMS Belfast, the second World War light cruiser located at the South Bank in London, England.
- Cruiser Moskva returns to Sevastopol after four month cruise. Interfax // Russia & FSU General News;11/18/2013, p1
MOSCOW. Nov 18 (Interfax-AVN) - The guard missile cruiser Moskva, the flagship of the Russian Black Sea Fleet, which is under the command of Captain I Rank Sergei Tronev, returned to Sevastopol after fulfilling tasks in the ocean zone and in the Mediterranean on Saturday.
- Navy tests first fiberglass ship. Conner, Jim // All Hands;Dec95, Issue 944, p38
Reports on the Navy first fiberglass ship the USS Osprey (MHC 51). Comments from resident supervisor, CDR Philip N. Johnson; Where is the ship homeport; Crew members; Change of homeport.
- RIVGRU 1 Increases Command, Control with New RCB Boat. Hinchcliffe, Michael R. // All Hands;Apr2009, Issue 1105, p34
The article reports that a Riverine Command Boat (RCB) is being tested by Riverine Group 1, a squadron of the U.S. Navy.
- Steaming on the Gray Line. Levey, Commander Gerald // Naval History;Dec99, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p46
Focuses on the service of P-2 transport ships of the United States Navy Gray Line in western Pacific from 1946 to 1950. Capacity of the ships; Wartime service; Amenities on board the ships.
- C.O.D. Furry, Rodney J. // All Hands;Jul98, Issue 975, p10
Focuses on the responsibilities of craftmasters in the United States Navy. Information on the Landing Craft Utility 1633 and its crew; Overview of the qualification process to become a craftmaster; Comments from several craftmasters.