A Cornerstone Force Of Proven Strength
- UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. // Military Technology;Jan2002, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p23
Presents information on the national defense of the U.S. Background on government system and economic condition; Command structure and organization of the Armed Forces; Details on the strategic nuclear forces; Weapons system of the Navy; Organization of the Coast Guard.
- The First Century Is the Hardest. Hessman, James D. // Sea Power;Dec2002, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p3
Focuses on the role of the Navy League of the United States in terms of sea services support. History of the establishment of the league; Involvement of the league in the national defense program of the government; Details of the youth program of the league.
- 2nd Fleet. // All Hands;Jul97, Issue 963, p17
Focuses on the battle readiness of the U.S. 2nd Fleet. US Navy's largest numbered fleet; Support for adjacent theater commander especially in Europe; Training of the Atlantic battle fleet in war-fighting fleet; Development and evaluation of new naval tactics; Maintenance of theater battle group...
- 3rd Fleet. // All Hands;Jul97, Issue 963, p18
Reports on the battle-readiness of the US Navy's 3rd Fleet. Preparation of the arsenal; Keeping of a versatile naval force; Description of the continuous training mode; Maintenance of a regular schedule of exercises; Sailor's participation in the Rim of the Pacific exercise; Description of the...
- EDITOR'S NOTES. // Sea Power;Jun2002, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p8
Presents several articles on the military readiness of the United States Navy.
- US Navy says 'bombing good for birds' // Ecologist;Jun2002, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p6
Deals with the response of the U.S. Navy to complaints that its armaments exercises on the Pacific islands of Northern Marianas are reducing the native bird population. Argument of the U.S. Navy; Comments from a U.S. Navy spokesman.
- Physical Readiness Program Updated. Yager, Maria // All Hands;Dec2008, Issue 1101, p7
The article discusses the updates made by the U.S. Navy on policy revisions to strengthen the Navy Physical Readiness Program (PRP).
- NAVRIIP NAVY TACKLES INTERDEPLOYMENT READINESS. Cossitt, Anne // Naval Aviation News;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p16
Assesses the Navy in improving nondeployed readiness through the Naval Aviation Readiness Integrated Improvement Program in the U.S. Prioritization of resource requirements during the interdeployment training cycle; Emphasis on the key element of the process; Creation of a training and...
- Military Readiness: DOD Needs to Better Manage Automatic Test Equipment Modernization: GAO-03-451. // GAO Reports;3/31/2003, p1
The services have billions of dollars worth of outdated and obsolete automatic test equipment (ATE) used to test components on military aircraft or weapon systems. Department of Defense (DOD) policy advocates the development and acquisition of test equipment that can be used on multiple types of...