Do you want spam with that?
- McDonald's unveils Popstars SMS campaign. // Precision Marketing;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p2
Reports that the McDonald's Corp. is launching a major text messaging campaign for the television show 'Popstars,' in a bid to strengthen its text messaging club. Mechanics of the promotional campaign; Prizes offered to participants.
- WHERE 2 NXT 4 TXT. Gautier, Adele // NZ Marketing Magazine;Apr2003, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p10
Presents information on text marketing in New Zealand as of April 2003. Usage of text messaging by listeners of Radio Network's Club ZM; Description of the TXT 4 YA T service of Pizza Hut restaurants; Partnerships of companies with mobile telecommunications companies Telecom Mobile and Vodafone.
- SMS beats TV and radio for building brands. // Precision Marketing;10/18/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p3
Reports on results of a research study conducted by the Enpocket on the use of short messaging services on building brand awareness.
- Is SMS revolution just a marketer's dream? Rosser, Michael // Precision Marketing;10/18/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p11
Discusses the future of short messaging services as a marketing tool in Great Britain. Generation of enhanced customer-business relationship; Effect of rapid technological changes.
- SMS cowboys need corralling. McKelvey, Charlie // Precision Marketing;10/18/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p15
Discusses issues pertaining to the use of short messaging services for misleading and irrelevant marketing in Great Britain. Effect of the practice on the potentials of mobile marketing; Plan to launch a major educational drive to promote the proper use of the technology.
- Industry must use best practice for SMS if it is to avoid junk label. Allen, Antony // Precision Marketing;4/18/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p14
Examines the use of short messaging service (SMS) in marketing. High response rates of SMS; Need for marketers to fully commit to keeping customer data up-to-date before sending text messages to customers; Need to screen the data against relevant suppression files to ensure the data is solid.
- â€˜Txt spamâ€ signals trouble for SMS marketing. Haig, Matt // Marketing Week;2/28/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p49
Focuses on the occurrence of the SPAM crisis in short messaging system (SMS) marketing in Great Britain. Negative impacts of the SPAM; Concept of the 'It's Your Choice' consumer campaign launched by the Direct Marketing Association; Approach for an effective SMS marketing.
- The text generation. Simpson, Richard // Precision Marketing;3/14/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p21
Investigates the development of short messaging service (SMS) as a marketing medium in Great Britain. Key strengths of SMS; Opportunities offered by SMS to marketers; Response rates and creative potential of SMS.
- Txt Tps. Grice, Roger // NZ Marketing Magazine;Jun2002, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p24
Presents information on the benefits of text messaging or short messaging service (SMS) to the marketing industry. Analysis of text messaging as a marketing tool; Rules for successful SMS campaigns; Basic campaign principles in messaging.