Brand-building holds the key to iTV success
- Future of iTV depends on retailer investment. Thomas, Daniel // Computer Weekly;3/7/2002, p10
Reports the unproductibility of interactive television iTV in Great Britain. Lack of product choice and retail experience contributed to the situation; Retailers not to renew contracts; Optimism seen on viewer awareness and improved marketing efforts. INSET: The route to future profits.
- Interactive TV acquires some business sense. Harrison, Chris // Marketing Week;2/4/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p14
Discusses the emergence of interactive television (ITV) in the retail sector in Great Britain. Economic benefits of ITV to retailers; Cost of setting up a ITV business.
- Interactive TV to encourage impulse buying. Kakkar, Shobhit // Marketing Week;1/13/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p20
Discusses how interactive television (ITV) will affect the retailing industry. Benefits of ITV as an advertising medium; Impact on PC Internet users; Differences between shopping using an ITV and the PC Net.
- ITV spend will hit Â£4bn by 2006, report predicts. // New Media Age;8/29/2002, p16
Reports on the forecast of Datamonitor company on the increase in consumer spending on interactive television (iTV) retail in Western Europe in 2006. Impact of the rise in iTV spending on retail trade; Suggestion on how retailers can capitalize on the growth of iTV.
- B&Q places interactive TV at centre of UK recruitment drive. // New Media Age;1/27/2005, p5
This article reports on the decision of British home improvement retailer B&Q in Janyary 2005 to make interactive television an integral part of its next British recruitment drive. From February, B&Q will use the red button to raise awareness of the employment opportunities throughout its range...
- LETTERS. Anstey, Mike; Altendorf, Mike // New Media Age;4/13/2006, p17
Several letters to the editor referencing articles and topics discussed in previous issues including, an article on interactive television program review by Elizabeth Kesses in the March 30, 2006 issue and another on the decision of Dixons to focus its efforts on online retail in the April 5,...
- BSkyB enables shopping via iTV ads. Jones, Gareth // New Media Age;10/6/2005, p1
This article reports on the television-commerce initiative to be launched by BSkyB. Television viewers will be able to use their remote control to purchase the products they see advertised on screen. Retailers and brand owners are expected to be quick to take advantage of the interactive...
- Adventures 2001. Dill, Mallorre // Adweek Eastern Edition;1/15/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p18
Presents the outlook for the creative portion of the advertising industry in the United States in 2001. Growing consumers' use of interactive television; Successful Internet advertising campaigns; Growing importance of advertising in the retail sector.
- How to develop a general biology course for interactive television. Rogers, Bill // American Biology Teacher;Sep97, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p420
Gives instructions for the development of a biology course for interactive television. Information on the formats and design of the course; Examination of copyright issues; Benefits of interactive television in education.