Self-diagnosis is no cure-all
- Senior-med: Creating a network to help manage medications. // Generations;Fall97, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p59
Focuses on Senior-Med, a project designed to demonstrate approaches in creating a network to help older, independent-living adults manage medications. How the project developed a comprehensive, team-based approach to care; Specific objectives of the project.
- ASSESMENT OF SELFMEDICATION AMONG PATIENTS ATTENDING COMMUNITY PHARMACISES IN ERODE, INDIA. Samuel, Suni Susan; Arul Prakasam, K. C.; Nandhakumar, N. // International Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences;Jul2011 Supplement 4, Vol. 3, p258
This is a community based cross sectional study aimed together information about the prevalence of self-medication at Erode, Tamil Nadu carried out during May to Dec 2010. It has been observed an extensive supply of medicines without prescription including those used for serious illness. The...
- Prevalence and Measure of Self Medication: A Review. Sherazi, Bushra Ali; Mahmood, Khawaja Tahir; Amin, Fatima; Zaka, Mariam; Riaz, Munaza; Javed, Ayesha // Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences & Research;2012, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p1774
Self-medication is the use of medicines by the people on their own inventiveness or on the suggestion of a friend, family member or lay persons without consulting a qualified health care professional. People use medicines for prevention, cure, diagnosis and management of diseases and sometimes...
- DICTIONARY OF HEALING TECHNIQUES AND REMEDIES. Delaney, Lisa // Prevention;Nov91, Vol. 43 Issue 11, p133
Presents a dictionary of healing techniques and remedies. Interferons; Iodine; Ion generators.
- DIABETES SELF CARE PRACTICES AND ASSOCIATED FACTORS AMONG TYPE 2 DIABETIC PATIENTS IN TIKUR ANBESSA SPECIALIZED HOSPITAL, ADDIS ABABA, ETHIOPIA- A CROSS SECTIONAL STUDY. Berhe, Kalayou Kidanu; Demissie, Asrat; Kahsay, Alemayoh Bayeray; Gebru, Haftu Berhe // International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences & Research;Nov2012, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p4219
Background: Diabetes is a group of metabolic disorders that affect the body's ability to process and use sugar (glucose) for energy. Type 2 diabetes mellitus resulting from the combination of resistance to insulin action and inadequate insulin secretion. The success of long-term maintenance...
- Self medication with H1-Antihistamines and pain relieving agents among the educated young adult people of Bangladesh. Chowdhury, Nishat; Tabassum, Fatema; Roy, Uttam Kumar // International Online Medical Conference (IOMC) Conference Procee;2010, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p246
Background: Responsible self medication with OTC drugs has been appreciated as a means of healthcare cost reduction worldwide. Previous studies indicated that the self medication rate with OTC and prescription drugs among Bangladeshi educated young adult population was 16%. In Bangladesh drugs...
- Patients, society, and the increase in self medication. Blenkinsopp, Alison; Bradley, Colin // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/9/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7031, p629
Discusses various aspects of health care in Great Britain. Increasing trends in self care and self medication; Prevalence of nonprescription drug use; Factors promoting and inhibiting reclassification of drugs to pharmacy status; Commercial and professional implications of the drug reclassification.
- PARENTAL SELF MEDICATION OF ANTIBIOTICS FOR CHILDREN IN BAGHDAD CITY. JASIM, ALI L. // International Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences;2014, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p485
Objective: to evaluate many factors associated with self medication practice of parents for the behalf of their children. Methods: This study was designed as the cross sectional descriptive study in which the data was collected via direct interviews with the parents using previously prepared...
- self-medication. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p491
This article presents information on the concept of self-medication. It is the use of a medicine without the intervention of a doctor, though commonly with the advice of a pharmacist with over-the-counter medicines.
- Trends in self-care. Miller, Dana // Patient Care for the Nurse Practitioner;Aug2000, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p9
Examines the trends in self-care in the United States as of August 2000. Increased demand for nonprescription drugs; Reason for the increased demand for herbal products; Need for patients to examine the label of dietary supplements and other health products; Ways by which nurse practitioners...