TV bosses play their own version of the blame game
- Brits enjoy shopping in Monaco. Clarke, Steve // Variety;2/3/97, Vol. 366 Issue 1, p38
Reports on the 1997 Monte Carlo Television Festival to be held in Monte Carlo, Monaco. British television program buyers' views on the show.
- Dash for the Cash. Swart, Sharon // Variety;02/15/99, Vol. 373 Issue 13, p51
Focuses on the 1999 annual Monte Carlo Television Festival in London, England. Highlights of the event; Details on the growing format business in the television industry; Information on several shows that were reversioned for audiences in Great Britain.
- the world: digest. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/3/2007, Vol. 398 Issue 50, p8
The article presents news briefs related to the entertainment industry. The 2007 Venice International Film Festival and the 2007 RomaCinemaFest, set to take place in Italy, will feature retrospectives of Western films. According to new research by Screen Digest, the number of European homes...
- SITUATION COMEDIESâ€¦. Kerr, Paul // Screen;Jan/Feb83, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p71
The article focuses on situation comedies (sit-coms) and television situations in Great Britain. A dossier from the British Film Institute (BFI) has been devoted to a collection of essays which consider several examples of the form. Meanwhile, a retrospective of British, American and Canadian...
- CHANNEL 4 HOPEFULS IN EDINBURGH SPOTLIGHT. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;8/1/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 43, p6
Reports on the issues related to the race for Channel 4's top executive post, expected to dominate discussions at the Guardian Edinburgh International Television Festival in Scotland. Prospective candidates for the British television firm's top post.
- IN BRIEF. // Televisual;Sep2001, p9
Presents news briefs on the television industry in Great Britain as of September 2001. Rebranding of Pearson TV's production unit to Thames Television; Budget per hour for the launching of UK Food; Information on the BFM International Film Festival in London, England.
- Mouse exec calls for Brit tube ties. Guider, Elizabeth; Johnson, Debra // Daily Variety;8/26/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 59, p1
Reports on the comment of Walt Disney Co. president of worldwide channels Anne Sweeney during the Edinburgh TV Fest in Scotland that Great Britain would benefit from the economic and creative input of U.S. players. Legislation before the British parliament that proposes to open up the...
- THE DIARY. // Televisual;Mar2010, p74
A calendar of events related to the television broadcasting industry in Great Britain from April-May 2010 is presented which includes the MipTV12, the NAB TV technology show, and Cannes Film Festival.
- July TX guide. // Televisual;Jul2002, p78
Presents a television program guide for producers in Great Britain in July 2002.