Mocha trouble for high street coffee chains
- Seattle's Best Opens In GR. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/7/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p8
The article reports on the opening of a Seattle's Best Coffee cafÃ© at the Breton Meadows Family Fare grocery store in West Michigan. A licensing agreement has been signed by Spartan Stores Inc. and Starbucks Coffee Co. Spartan CEO Craig Sturken expressed his approval of the opening of the...
- Growth in spite of expensive lessons. Naudé, Collen // Finance Week;4/29/2002, p62
Features the coffeehouse Seattle Coffee Company in South Africa. Expansion plans for the chain from owners Barry Parker and Pete Howie; History of the establishment of the coffeehouse; Failure of the branch at Johannesburg airport.
- Coffee to wake up the world - and SA. // Finance Week;4/29/2002, p62
Focuses on the history of the establishment of the coffeehouse Seattle Coffee Company by Scott and Ally Svenson in London, England.
- Cafe society takes over UK. Croft, Martin // Marketing Week;10/1/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p44
Discusses the popularity of coffee bar business in Great Britain. Competition between United States-style chains and European companies; Sales through specialty coffee bars in 1993; Statistics on branded specialty coffee bars in Great Britain; Factors contributing to the rapid growth of coffee...
- A Bean of Its Own. Bulat, Jennifer; Oller, Samantha // CSP;Sep2012, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p95
The article reports on the effort of Seattle's Best Coffee to brew up a niche in the shadow of Starbucks. The initiative of the coffee shop chain to create its own brand behind the shadow of its parent company is noted. The company's search for its places in a world of grocery stores and of...
- Seattle coffee firm opens kiosks in Utah Albertson's stores. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;02/15/99, Vol. 28 Issue 34, p7
Reports that the Seattle Coffee Holdings Inc. has entered into a licensing agreement to put up coffee kiosks in the Utah stores of Albertson's Food and Drug. Rationale for the transaction; Percentage of whole and ground coffee beans sold in groceries.
- Converging and upsurging. // Beverage Industry;May2003, Vol. 94 Issue 5, p52
The U.S. coffee and tea companies continued to introduce new flavors and new incentive programs to build consumer product awareness as of May 01, 2003. But by far, the biggest news in the category is Starbucks Corp.'s decision to buy Seattle's Best Coffee from AFC Enterprises Inc. The...
- Starbucks, P&G, Seattle Coffee in grocery scuffle. Kramer, Louise // Advertising Age;2/16/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p3
Reports on the marketing battle between Starbucks Coffee Co. and Seattle Coffee Co. in terms of products being sold in grocery stores. Which states carry products by either company; Seattle's distribution deal with Procter & Gamble Co.'s Millstone Coffee unit; Starbucks offering free products...
- NEW BREWING METHODS. // DSN Retailing Today;9/6/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 17, pF11
The article reports that coffee manufacturing company Seattle's Best Coffee, a division of Starbuck Coffee Co. has introduced the "Toddy Cold Brew System," home model and SBC Beach House blend of coffee beans throughout the United States and Canada. The Toddy system uses cold water, extracting...