- Sale of the century pays off. McClary, Samantha // Estates Gazette;1/14/2006, Issue 602, p61
The article reports on the retail trade in Great Britain as of January 14, 2006. A 2.9% increase in like-for-like sales of food products occur in Marks & Spencer in January. The purchase of Littlewoods stores and the opening of a store in Glasgow, Scotland have both benefited New Look. Chemists...
- M&S to launch loyalty scheme. Thurtle, Gary // Marketing Week;12/6/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 43, p5
Reports the plan of Marks & Spencer company to launch loyalty scheme in Great Britain. Search for direct marketing agencies for the launching of the scheme; Reinvigoration of the store card; Profit rise from combined credit card and loyalty card.
- M&S aims Simply Food at commuters. Kleinman, Mark // Marketing (00253650);7/12/2001, p4
Focuses on the plan of Marks & Spencer to target commuters with a local marketing campaign for its Simply Food concept in Great Britain. Move to compete with rival stores Tesco Metro and Sainsbury's Local chains; Details on the marketing activity for the store; Reference on the services to be...
- New M&S marketing bags mixed response. // Marketing Week;3/25/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 13, p5
The article discusses the changes in retailer Marks & Spencer's marketing direction.
- Abbey National cuts marketing of Inscape brand. // Marketing (00253650);5/16/2002, p4
Reports on the move of bank Abbey National in scaling back marketing of Inscape brand in Great Britain.
- Stock market favours job-cutting retailers. Merrick, Neil // People Management;11/21/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 23, p9
States that share price worries encourages Marks and Spencer to take 2,000 jobs. Link between share price and jobs; Factors that causes company's share price to fall; Retailers taking on more staff.
- Marks & Spencer sees furniture sales jump 26%. // Cabinet Maker;11/10/2000, Issue 5213, p1
Reports on a 26% increase in furniture sales at Marks & Spencer on a like for like basis in the six months ended November 2000.
- Shoppers fail to notice change at Marks & Spencer. // Marketing (00253650);7/18/2002, p5
Presents the result of a survey on the changes observed by customers at Marks & Spencer in Great Britain.
- Marks & Spencer set to push luggage range. // Precision Marketing;8/9/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 45, p5
Reports on Great Britain-based Marks & Spencer's door-to-door campaign to promote its luggage department. Distribution of single sheet catalogs.