Bellas and Fellas in Cyberspace: Mobilizing Italian Ethnicity for Online Youth Culture
- Appeals court says `burned' sources can sue journalists. Fitzgerald, Mark // Editor & Publisher;9/11/93, Vol. 126 Issue 37, p35
Reports on a federal appeals court ruling in a lawsuit filed by a woman against `Glamour' magazine and its reporter Claudia Dreifus for failing to honor a promise to conceal her identity in an article. Individual's right to sue a party for breach of contract; Alleged assurances made by the...
- Absence of moral and ethical support for online youth. A. J. // Public Relations Strategist;Fall2010, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p5
The article cites the result of the study regarding the significance of the presence of adults to mentor young individuals who participated in online communication.
- The Measurement of Cyberbullying: Dimensional Structure and Relative Item Severity and Discrimination. Menesini, Ersilia; Nocentini, Annalaura; Calussi, Pamela // CyberPsychology, Behavior & Social Networking;May2011, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p267
In relation to a sample of 1,092 Italian adolescents (50.9% females), the present study aims to: (a) analyze the most parsimonious structure of the cyberbullying and cybervictimization construct in male and female Italian adolescents through confirmatory factor analysis; and (b) analyze the...
- ONE PER CENT. // New Scientist;7/4/2015, Vol. 227 Issue 3028, p20
The article discusses the use of comical images in online conversations to express one's sense of humour, the pro-choice group Women on Waves' delivering of abortion pills to Poland through using a drone and the development of the P12 commercial jetpack developed by the Martin Aircraft Company.
- Confessions of an Italian American/Average Community. Belluscio, Steven J. // Italian American Review;Winter2012, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p56
The article reviews the documentary films "Confessions of an Italian American" and "Average Community," directed by Fred Zara.
- The Last Word. BARATTA, ANTHONY J. // Italian America;Summer2014, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p33
The article offers the author's insights on the organizations for Italian Americans in the U.S. Among the organizations discussed by the author that consist the Sons of Italy include the Order of Sons of Italy in AmericaÂ® (OSIA), the Sons of Italy FoundationÂ® (SIF), and the Commission for...
- The Afterlife of a Classical Text: Representing Ethnicity in the Stage Productions of Marty. CAVALLERO, JONATHAN J. // Italian American Review;Winter2015, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p27
The article discusses the portrayal of Italian Americans in a musical version and a stage reading of "Marty." Topics discussed include the cultural significance and social meaning of Italian-American ethnicity, how the live stage reading emphasized the potential for building multi-ethnic...
- MY TWO ITALIES. // Kirkus Reviews;5/1/2014, Vol. 82 Issue 9, p61
No abstract available.
- Connecting through Digital Storytelling. Simondson, Helen // 3CMedia: Journal of Community, Citizen's & Third Sector Media & ;Oct2009, Issue 5, p62
What is particular to the culture of our time is the pace at which everything changes. The moving image is entrenched into every part of our lives. We not only rely on it to entertain us; we also expect to be able to interact with it and participate in its making, whether as consumer or content...