MAKING ENERGY CLEAN, SAFE, AND AFFORDABLE
- ENERGY'S WIND OF CHANGE. Madsen, Birger T. // UNESCO Courier;Mar2000, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p9
Focuses on the development of wind energy as an environmentally sound and cost-effective option for power generation. Principles of wind energy; Developments in wind energy; Installation of commercial wind farms; Economic aspects of using wind energy.
- Renewable Energy - Key to the Future. // USA Today Magazine;Dec91, Vol. 120 Issue 2559, p12
Discusses the importance of renewable energy to provide future energy sources in the U.S. Decrease in the cost of wind power and solar photovoltaic electricity; Alternative to developing renewable energy; Total number of carbon emissions per year; Way to boost biomass energy's role in the...
- WIND POWER BRAGGING RIGHTS. // Electric Perspectives;May/Jun2009, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p11
The article reports that the U.S. has passed Germany as the world leader in wind capacity in 2008 according to the Global Wind Energy Council. It mentions that global wind energy capacity has increased by 28.8 percent. The total wind generating capacity in the U.S. has increased by almost 50...
- Wind power: A technology whose time has come? Duvoli, John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/14/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p9
The article talks about the emergence of wind power in Hudson Valley, New York. The use of wind as a source of energy can give a series of benefits. The global shortages of supply can lead to increasing interest in wind power. The costs to wind-power a home is just affordable compare to other...
- The Status and Future of Wind Energy Technology. Thresher, Robert; Robinson, Michael; Veers, Paul // AIP Conference Proceedings;9/12/2008, Vol. 1044 Issue 1, p340
The article provides an overview on the status and future of wind energy technology in the United States. Several indications that wind energy technology has improved include the decline of capital costs and increased in efficiency. In 2006, the total U.S. wind energy capacity had increased to...
- Energy boost. Pierce, Julia // Engineer (00137758);3/24/2008, Issue 7744, p52
The article reports on the upcoming demand of energy in Great Britain by the year 2015, in which they need another 30GW-35GW each year to meet. According to wind power specialist Vestas Technology, the renewable energy provision is growing fast, more than �1 billion is being spent on renewable...
- Good News for Wind. // Power Engineering;Feb2007, Vol. 111 Issue 2, p16
The article reports on the developments in wind power generation in the U.S. A study found that the total cost of wind energy delivered to all Minnesota customers is less then one-half cent per kilowatt of wind generation. Other events that generate momentum for wind industry include the...
- The Irresistible Power of Ainsworth's Wind. // Nebraska Life;Sep/Oct2005, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p87
Presents information on a public power wind energy farm located in Ainsworth, Nebraska.
- Urban wind power: Breezing into town. Knight, Jonathan // Nature;7/1/2004, Vol. 430 Issue 6995, p12
Investigates the world's highest urban wind farm which could be a flagship project for renewable energy in New York City. Amplification of imbalance in the blades by centrifugal forces; Role of rooftop generation; Occurrence of wind generation at wind farms in remote rural areas or offshore.