Texas: Houston Looks South
- Twin Cities Airport Expected to Cut $370M Bond Sale to $120M. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/17/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31594, p3
Reports on the expected approval of Metropolitan Airports Commission to temporarily delay some portions of its capital program under way at Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport. Decrease in bond sale due to the approval; Airlines expected to file for bankruptcy; Amount expected to be...
- Is Chicago's Air Clearing? Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/24/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31250, p1
Focuses on the counterproposal of governor of Illinois George Ryan to plans of Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley regarding expansion of the O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Plan of Ryan to construct a third airport near Peotone, Chicago; Source of monetary aid for the...
- Manchester, N.H., Airport Still Looking at Friendly Skies. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/29/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31253, p6
Reports on transformation of New Hampshire-based Manchester Airport into a low fare mecca on strength of discount carriers. Decline in number of passengers and flight activity; Result of credit ratings for airports conducted by Fitch Ratings Inc.; Impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist...
- High-Rent Parking . Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;1/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31302, p29
Reports on the plan of the Los Angeles Airports Commission to increase daily parking rates at Los Angeles International Airport following a decline in air traffic since September 11, 2001. Proposal to increase the parking rates by 25 percent.
- Passenger forecasts prompt runway expansion. Jack, Simon // Estates Gazette;12/14/2002, Issue 250, p75
Focuses on the delay to the British government's consultation exercise on airport development in 2002. Airports that are included in the government's consultation paper; Development options at the main South East airports; Comparison among British airports.
- French, Indonesian and US companies win latest round of Hong Kong airport contacts. // Asian Business Review;May95, p16
Reports on the awarding of three contracts for the development of facilities in a Hong Kong airport. Companies awarded the contracts; Terms of the contract; Cost of the airport.
- Double trouble in the air. Koch, George // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;9/20/93, Vol. 20 Issue 40, p18
Examines the competition between Edmonton Municipal Airport and Edmonton International Airport. Announcement by Canadian Airlines International Ltd. that it would shift its remaining 37 weekly Edmonton-Vancouver flights to Muni; Possibility the Muni will serve more passengers in 1994 than the...
- Edmonton's airport duel heats up. Verburg, Peter // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;8/7/95, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p11
Reports on the clash between supporters of consolidation and those favoring the status quo on the future of Edmonton's two airports in Alberta. Competition with Calgary's airport; Convenience through close proximity; Economic benefits; Difficulty of operating two airports; Need to establish...
- Return flight to Namao. Verburg, Peter // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;9/18/95, Vol. 22 Issue 40, p16
Informs that a small group of businessmen from Edmonton, Alberta have decided to reopen the debate about the viability of Canada's Namao military base to become greater Edmonton's main commercial airport. The ultimate goal of The Friends of Namao Airport Society; What would happen to the...