Vote on Bonds to Fund NYSE Building Canceled
- Even now, $621 million CVC isn't finished. Yager, Jordy // Hill;12/8/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 131, p1
The article reports on the issue regarding the unfinished $621 million Capitol Visitor Center (CVC) in the U.S.
- Southern seaboard project boost. Balch, Roger // Asian Business Review;Jun95, p13
Reports on the planned construction of an east-west highway crossing the southern peninsula, building of an oil refinery in Khanom and development of an industrial estate at Surat Sani, as part of the Southern Seaboard project in Thailand.
- Chinese infrastructure. // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p15
Reports on the need for China to tap all possible sources of financing to meet its infrastructure needs from 1997 to 2002.
- Financing Asia's infrastructure boom. // Asian Business Review;Apr97, p48
Presents information about infrastructure projects in Asia. Key areas for development in Asia; Philippines as a prime example of growing area; Infrastructure projects constructed in Philippines; Three categories of needs facing Asia; Other infrastructure projects in Asian countries.
- China to become the world's biggest construction market. // Asian Business Review;Apr97, p50
Discusses information about China's infrastructure projects. Advantage of the construction industry growth in China; Problems encountered by companies operating in China; Some major infrastructure projects build in China; Significance of the projects; Ways in which China is little different to...
- Chapter 6: Key Sectors. // Argentina Business Forecast Report;2010 3rd Quarter, p47
The article offers information on the key sectors in Argentina including market overview, infrastructure, and automobile trade.
- The Alliance for Action makes things happen. Taber // Business News New Jersey;09/13/99, Vol. 12 Issue 33, p14
Focuses on the New Jersey Alliance for Action, an organization which deals with infrastructure issues. Membership; Reasons for the effectiveness of the alliance; Political independence of the organization; Lobbying efforts of the alliance; Projects to be undertaken by the group.
- N.Y. sinkhole exposes infrastructure crisis. Marks, Alexandra // Christian Science Monitor;1/16/98, Vol. 90 Issue 36, p3
Reports on the continuing decline of infrastructure in the United States as of January of 1998. How old some of the nation's infrastructure is; Comments from David Schulz of the Infrastructure Technology Institute; Estimates for the cost of necessary infrastructure repairs; Why some hope that...
- Chapter II: Political Overview. // Malawi Country Review;2000, p9
Presents an overview of the political and social sectors in Malawi, including population, principal government officials, education, social infrastructure, history, government, armed forces and foreign relations.