Optimistic Houston Brings Two Postponed Deals Back to Market
- Atlanta Mayor: Bonds a Go. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/13/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31551, p1
Reports on the plans of Atlanta's mayor, Shirley Franklin, to deal with bond-funded projects following improvements in the city's economic conditions. Projects that will be undertaken by the city; Need for renovation of the city; Ratings of the city by ratings agency in terms of its economic...
- Oklahoma County Refunding Raises Eyebrows Over Fees. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31590, p1
Reports on a controversy related to multimillion refunding deal in Canadian County, Oklahoma. Comments of the financial advisor on the controversy; Negotiated deal overcame by the county in December 2002; Overview of the competitive and negotiated bond sales for the county.
- Refunding on Mt. Sinai Missed Payments Trigger New Chicago Hospital Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31716, p1
Reports on the refunding of $107 million of Federal Housing Administration-backed bonds sold in 1996 by the hospital Sinai Health System in Chicago, Illinois, as of September 10, 2003. Reason behind the refunding; Effect of this refunding on bondholders; Benefits to the hospital in terms of...
- Chicago Council OKs O'Hare Refunding. // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31732, p3
Reports on the approval of the Chicago City Council to the third-lien general airport revenue refunding bond issue for O'Hare International Airport in Chicago, Illinois. Rate of expected bonds to carry triple-A insurance; Mechanism to restructure its outstanding O'hare debt; Provision of...
- N.J. County Authority Seeks to Refinance Solid-Waste Bonds. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;01/04/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31050, p36
Reports on the plan of Passaic County Utilities Authority to refinance its solid-waste bonds in Passaic, New Jersey. 2001 debt service payments of the authority; Extension of the bonds; Structure of the bonds issued.
- Chicago Water District Makes Plans For Refunding Worth Up to $400M. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31325, p3
Reports on the plan of the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Chicago, Illinois to sell refunding bonds. Tentative structure of the deal; Firms participating in the sales transactions; Sale of new-money bonds.
- Atlantic City Medical Center Hits Uncertain Market With $116M Deal. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;3/20/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31348, p4
Reports difficulty of marketing the uninsured bonds refunding and new-money deal of the Atlantic City Medical Center in New Jersey. Possibility of investors demanding yield concessions; Amount of the deal; Market position and liquidity of the hospital.
- The Week Ahead: Price Figures to Trump Volume in Determining Investor Demand. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;4/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31355, p6
Presents several prospects in the securities market for the second quarter of 2002 in the U.S. Importance of price in determining demand; Anticipation for the allocation revenue refunding from the Industry Urban Development Agency; Availability of higher yielding bonds.
- Michigan to Refund $90M in Transportation Bonds. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/30/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31376, p4
Reports the plan to Michigan to refund the transportation bonds sold in 1992 as part of build Michigan. Use of limited tax obligation bonds to fund capital improvement projects; Utility of revenues for the repayment of the bonds; Annual debt service coverage.