Suit Puts Crimp in Jackson, Tenn., Utility's Telecom Plans
- TENNESSEE: Jackson Energy Still Aaa. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/28/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32476, p33
The article reports on the affirmation of Moody's Investor Service on the unchanged rating that they have given to Jackson Energy Authority (JEA) of Tennessee. The credit agency maintained the Aaa rating of JEA due to the $ 86 million debt of the agency on the issuance of gas systems bonds,...
- Jackson Energy Authority, Tenn., Wastewater Bonds to AA by S&P. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/10/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34175, p19
The article reports that Standard & Poor's increased the rating of wastewater income bonds worth 49.3 million dollars offered by the Jackson Energy Authority (JEA) to AA from AA-minus. Topics discussed include the rating hike being decided due to the financial stability of the city of Jackson,...
- Future-Proofed Broadband Network. Buckley, Sean // Telecommunications - International Edition;Dec2003, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p26
Reports that Jackson Energy Authority (JEA) of Jackson, Tennessee has employed the help of Georgia-based Wave7 Optics and its Last Mile Link product to build a 31,000-homes-passed FTTH network to be completed in 2005. JEA's plan in offering a mixture of analog and digital cable television and...
- Charter, Tenn. Ops Slam an Overbuild. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;1/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p19
Reports on a legal action considered by Charter Communications Inc. and Tennessee Cable Telecommunications Association against Jackson Energy Authority (JEA) regarding the expansion of its broadband operations in Memphis, Tennessee in January 2005. Information on the broadband project of JEA in...
- Utility uses open communication. // Communications News;Aug2008, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p28
The article features the multi-utility authority Jackson Energy Authority (JEA) in the U.S., which uses an open communications solution Siemens HiPath 4000 and Siemens ProCenter Enterprise systems to enhance customer care and productivity. JEA provides electricity, natural gas, water,...
- Power to the (GIS) Users. Taylor, Jon; Irvine, Teresa // Electric Light & Power;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p46
The article reports on the benefits achieved by Jackson Energy Authority, a community-owned utility providing electric, natural gas, water and telecom services to customers in Madison County, Tennessee, by migrating to an enterprise geospatial information system (GIS). It is reported that, with...
- Telecom Reform in Dhaka. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/26/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 19, p8
Reports on the telecommunication bonds issued by the government of Bangladesh. Purpose of issuing the bonds; Cellular phone network in Bangladesh; Planned liberalization of the telecommunication market.
- Media/Telecom. // Investment Dealers' Digest;01/29/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p30
Presents a graph and charts related to bond issues in media and telecommunications industry for January 2001. Graph of technology underwriting volume; Tabulation of volume issue by product; Equity and debt deals; Top new issues managers; Equity underwriting calendar.
- Latin American issuer pulls deal. Wirz, Matt // High Yield Report;10/11/99, Vol. 10 Issue 39, p11
Reports that Telefonica del Peru, the first Latin American issuer to use the political risk insurance bond product, pulled its 10-year bond deal from the market.