Jacksonville Power Agency Tops Less-Than-Large Week
- California Wins MIG-1 On Raw Deal. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;6/13/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31406, p1
Focuses on the deal between Moody's Investor Service and the state of California. Terms of the MIG-1 rating deal; Effects of the deal on the cash obligations of the state; Agreements signed by the state to provide cushion to the transactions.
- Moody's sets Louisiana Up for an Upgrade. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/24/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31578, p1
Reports on the plans of credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. to upgrade Louisiana's bond ratings. Factors responsible for the possible upgrade.
- Moody's smoothes road for `double-barreled' Arkansas highway issue. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/06/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30842, p3
Reports that Moody's Investors Service has upgraded the state of Arkansas' general bond obligation bond rating. Recognition of the state's history of careful debt management and track record of paying debt back promptly; Conservativeness of the firm's expenditures.
- It's an upgrade frenzy for Michigan: Moody's gives three rating increases. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;03/20/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30355, p30
Focuses on Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s upgrading of three state bonds in Michigan on April 19, 1998. Rating on the state's general obligation debt; Rating on future bonds sold through the state's School Bond Loan Fund; Rating on Michigan State Building Authority bonds.
- Ahead of $150 Million Sale, Moody's Gives Hawaii a GO Debt Boost. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;10/05/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30990, p6
Reports that Moody's Investors Service raised its rating on Hawaii's general obligation debt to Aa3 from A1 on October 4, 2000. Hawaii's sale of $150 million of general obligation bonds next week; Effect of rating on $3.2 billion in outstanding debt; Progress achieved by Hawaii's tourist-based...
- European structured finance still stable, says Moody's. Colomer, Nora // Asset Securitization Report;6/10/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 23, p23
Reports on the stability of the ratings of structured finance deals in Europe. Comparison between asset-backed securities (ABS) of Europe and the U.S.; Stability of the ABS market; Assertion of Moody's Investors Services on the ratings.
- New CMBS Format Gets More Scrutiny. // National Mortgage News;5/12/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 33, p25
Reports that rating agencies Moody's Investors Service and Fitch Ratings have expressed concern on the quality of large loans in so-called fusion deals in the U.S. Combination of the large mortgage loans into commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) conduit deals; Increased rating...
- EETC scores Moody's top rating. M.G. // Asset Securitization Report;7/9/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 27, p8
Presents the improvements on the equipment trust certificates deal (EETC) from the Northwest Airlines in Europe. Rating provided by the Moody's Investors Service on the company; Difference between EETC and aircraft lease deals; Security given to the EETC.
- Moody's promotes five of its analysts. Shah, Angela // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p36
Names five public finance analysts promoted by Moody's Investors Service Inc. in August 1997 to the position of vice president-senior credit officer.