On Way to Ballot, BART Reduces Plan's Size
- Seismic Retrofitting Will Not Come Cheap for Cash-Strapped BART. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;6/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31404, p40
Reports the need for Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) of seismic retrofitting boost throughout the entire systems. Probability of a large-magnitude earthquake occurring in the region; Possibility of liquefaction of the ground near the Transbay Tube; Necessity for seismic upgrades for BART...
- BART Weighs $1.7B in Seismic Upgrade Bonds to Keep Trains Rolling. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/23/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31433, p3
Reports the bond proposals for seismic upgrades by Bay Area Rapid Transit in the U.S. Emphasis on the life safety issue; Identification of seismic standards; Derivation of a statewide school bond measure for water system development.
- BART grows to 95 miles, 39 stations. // Railway Age;May97, Vol. 198 Issue 5, p30
Reports on the extension of Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART). Other new BART stations.
- Power of the people. Meyer, Judy // American City & County;Nov2000, Vol. 115 Issue 15, p20
Emphasizes the importance of involving the public in all phases of a city or county's public transportation project, to ensure the success. Means of engaging the public in the transportation project; Role of public outreach in the construction phase of a public transportation project; Ways of...
- BART Beleaguered. // Time;9/30/1974, Vol. 104 Issue 14, p90
The article reports on the trip which officially launched the first regional urban rail-transit system on the morning of September 16, 1974. It says that the shiny aluminum train traveled out of Oakland, California through a tunnel under the bay and into San Francisco. It states that the Bay...
- Seismic Retrofitting Is a Must, Says BART Board in Wake of Bond Defeat. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/8/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31509, p5
Reports on the failure of bond issue by Bay Area Rapid Transit issued for seismic retrofitting of its system. Reasons for failing of the bond issue; Support of the bond issue by various counties in California; Need for retrofitting.
- Protesters take aim at BART cops. JOHNSON, STEPHON // New York Amsterdam News;8/18/2011, Vol. 102 Issue 33, p11
The article focuses on the rally led by a group of computers hackers called the Anonymous at Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) in California.
- BART heads for the airport. Middleton, William D. // Railway Age;Aug96, Vol. 197 Issue 8, p52
Reports on the expansion of the Bay Area Rapid Transit District (BART) in San Francisco Bay Area. Additional stations under the BART Extensions Program; Opening of an initial segment of a Pittsburgh/Antioch extension of the Concord Line; Addition of a new Dublin/Pleasanton line to the BART system.
- Subway guerrilla artists. Armstrong, Bob // Progressive;Sep98, Vol. 62 Issue 9, p17
Reports on the campaign against capitalism at Bay Area Rapid Transit System (BART) stops in San Francisco, California. Description of the subway messages for capitalism; Information on a group who called themselves Together We Can Defeat Capitalism; Goals of the group; Other advertisements.