Moody's: Dauphin County, Pa., Deal Unhurt by Separate Default
- Scoring of Loans Has Mixed Impact. // Mortgage Servicing News;Aug2000, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p30
Shares a warning from Moody's Investors Service that misinterpretation of mortgage scores and increase in instances of loan fraud may threaten to diminish the value of credit scores. Doubts in the accuracy of the scoring models designed to predict the risk of loan default which have been built...
- Defaults trend up, excess spread healthy. // Asset Securitization Report;05/28/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 21, p3
Reports on the increased default rates for credit card charge-offs in the United States for the first quarter of 2001 according to findings from Moody's Investor Service Inc.
- Moody's Says Defaults on The Way Up. Conrad, Lee // Bank Loan Report;04/10/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p1
Reports on the prediction of Moody's Investors Service about the increase in default rate in year 2000. Arguments made to support an improving default outlook; Concerns over the views that defaults are stabilizing.
- Moody's introduces default rate forecast. Fridson, Martin S. // High Yield Report;09/13/99, Vol. 10 Issue 35, p8
Talks about Moody's Investor Service's entry into the default rate forecasting market. Criticisms against Moody's forecasting model; Advice to readers on ways to assess the validity of Moody's forecast; Challenges facing Moody's in the default rate forecasting market.
- Moody's Sees Defaults Climb. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;04/10/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p2
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's prediction of an increase in the default rate.
- Bond defaults up sharply in 1997, propelled by Asian debt crisis. // Business Credit;Apr98, Vol. 100 Issue 4, p43
Reports that according to Moody's Investors Service, the number of corporate bond defaults increased during 1997. Impact of turmoil in Asian financial markets on this default increase; Details on results from Moody's analysis of corporate bond defaults; Speculation on what is expected for 1998.
- Default Pace Slows in Third Quarter, but is Poised for Further Increase, According to Moody's Investors Service. // Bank Loan Report;10/23/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 42, p10
Explores the report of Moody's Investors Service on default rates in the 2000 third quarter. Factors affecting default concentration across industries; Default rate in the quarter; Speculative grade default rate; Forecasts on default rates by the end of the year 2000.
- Moody's Puts Connecticut's GO Rating On Downgrade Watch, Citing Shortfall. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p36
Reports that Moody's Investors Service Inc. has put Connecticut's general obligation credit rating under review for a downgrade. Effect of Moody's outlook on state debt; Deficit in the state's budget; Other credits which are being affected.
- Moody's Joins Standard & Poor's in Giving Michigan Triple-A Rating. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;10/06/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30991, p4
Discusses the improvement of the state of Michigan's credit rating by Moody's Investors Service. Impact of the state's low debt and improved financial management; Factors behind the upgrading of the state's credit rating by Moody's.