NEWS IN BRIEF
- ECONOMIC OUTLOOK FOR THE UNITED STATES. Coplan, Lee // CIBC Observations;Mar2000, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p7
Details updates on the economic condition of the United States as of March 2000. Includes the growth of budget surplus in the fiscal environment; Percentage of federal real spending; Consideration of a tax cut in many states; Nature of the monetary policy; Impact of the mild weather in January...
- Year's upgrades reflect good economy, issuers' discipline. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;01/19/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30560, p6
Discusses the implications of the predominance of upgrades made by agencies in rating bonds from various sectors in the United States in 1998 for the third consecutive year. Reflection of the country's economic growth; Strength observed in the tax-backed sector; Concerns on the large number of...
- Rating changes. Kreps, Matthew // Bond Buyer;02/25/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30836, p24
Presents a chart depicting changes in bond ratings in the United States as of February 2000. Issuer bond information; Bond amount; Comments and ratings on listed bond issues.
- News in Brief. // Bond Buyer;12/06/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30781, p2
Presents business-related news briefs in the United States. Status of the economy of the country; Decision of Standard and Poor's to raise its rating to A from A-minus on Los Angeles County's government owned debt.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;11/15/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31018, p31
Reports developments related to the bond market in the United States. Reliance of the financing plan for the proposed renovation of Soldier Field on the use of hotel taxes; Assignment of a AA-minus rating to the fixed-rate revenues bonds of the conduit issuer Saint Joseph County Hospital...
- Rating Changes. Kreps, Matthew // Bond Buyer;02/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31069, p31
No abstract available.
- Tax cuts: hype now, money later. Tyson, Ann Scott // Christian Science Monitor;7/15/99, Vol. 91 Issue 160, p1
Focuses on the debate between United States Republicans and the Democrats over the amount of tax cuts. Details of the Republican proposal, which includes cuts covering everything from sales of fishing-tackle boxes to income taxes; How tax cuts would be phased over ten years; Threats of...
- Back to basics: taxes. Francis, David R. // Christian Science Monitor;1/24/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 41, p1
Discusses the outlook for taxation relief in the United States. Outlook for the testimony of U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan in the U.S. Senate; Question of the most effective tax cut; Outlook for the administration of president George W. Bush in light of tax relief.
- The Annual 1040 Paranoia. Quinn, Jane Bryant // Newsweek;4/12/1999, Vol. 133 Issue 15, p56
Comments on taxation in the United States in spring 1999. The tax breaks for middle-income families; The low percentage of wages being paid in federal income taxes; The refundable earned-income credit; Tax Freedom Day on May 10, 1999; The question of how tax collections can rise if tax rates...