Fitch Hits Trio of Reinsurers With Negative Rating Outlook
- All Three Rating Agencies Keeping an Eye on Potential Axa Re Finance Sale. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;9/20/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31475, p33
Reports the sale of Axa re Finance in the U.S. Concern of the three major rating agencies on the sale of the company; Rating of Standard & Poor's on Axa Re in the CreditWatch with negative implication; Monitor of Fitch Ratings on status of negotiation of Axa.
- AXA Pulls The Plug On Some U.S. Re Units. Connolly, Jim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/20/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 3, p40
Reports on the decision of AXA re Finance to pull out of the life and non-life insurance markets in the U.S. Reason for the decision; Cessation of financial guaranty reinsurance activities; Focus of the company on property-casualty non-life insurance.
- Axa Re Hit by Triple Downgrades After Halting New Business. Smith, Aaron // Bond Buyer;1/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31552, p6
Reports that several companies downgraded the New York-based reinsurer AXA Re Finance following an announcement by its Paris, France-based parent company AXA Group about stopping all business for financial guaranty carried by its U.S. subsidiary. Factors that prompted the downgrade; Reasons...
- Merger Leads to Name Change for Capital Re. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;03/16/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30850, p26
Focuses on Capital Reinsurance Corp.'s plan to change its name to ACE Guaranty Re Inc.
- Analysis of strategy key in ratings, S&P says. Souter, Gavin // Business Insurance;03/16/98, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p54
Presents information on rating of insurance companies in the United States, with reference to the Standard & Poor's (S&P) Corporation's insurance seminar which was held in Orlando, Florida, during March 1998. Theme of the seminar; Analysis of key factors of rating; Comments from Mark Puccia, a...
- Best's rating monitor. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Nov93, Vol. 94 Issue 7, p10
Reports on the 1993 financial results of life and health insurers in the United States as compiled by Best's Ratings of the A.M. Best Company, Incorporated. Reflection of company's financial strength; Evaluation of company results; List of companies not reviewed; Financial performance index.
- Best's rating monitor. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Jul94, Vol. 95 Issue 3, p20
Presents the ratings of life/health insurers in the United States as of June 1994. Evaluation of financial results and relevant events; Companies' financial strength and ability to meet its obligations to policy holders.
- Best's Rating Monitor. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Aug95, Vol. 96 Issue 4, p22
Offers the fifth monthly release of `Best's Review' of new and changed 1995 Best's Ratings for life/health insurance companies. Company names, current rating, prior rating, and other information; BestLink (R), a 24-hour on-line database service; BestLine (TM).
- International ratings update. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Dec96, Vol. 97 Issue 8, p20
Lists ratings and rating changes on several insurance companies. Includes Abeille Reassurances; Alliance Assurance Co. Ltd.; AXA Reassurance; National Insurance Co. Ltd. Partner Reinsurance Co. Ltd.; Royal Insurance PLC; LaSalle Re Ltd. Global Capital Reinsurance Ltd.; FAI General Insurance Co. Ltd.