Chicago School Board Readies $60M of TIF-Backed GOs
- IRS Agents Call Washington State Over Possible Tax Law Violations. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;08/13/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30704, p3
Reports that agents of the United States Internal Revenue Service have contacted the state of Washington's Treasurer's office about the tax status of three bond issues. Accusations that the state violated a portion of the private loan financing test of the tax code; Worth of the bond issues;...
- West Virginia's $3.9B Pension Deal on Hold. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/17/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31555, p4
Reports on the backing out of West Virginia Governor Bob Wise's administration from its proposal of issuance of nearly four billion dollars in taxable bonds. Permissions to be granted under the bond sale proposal; Objections raised by the legislators to the bill permitting the sale; Resolution...
- Study Claims Bush Tax Plan Will Hurt Housing Bonds. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;2/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31582, p5
Reports on the possible impact of the introduction of a tax plan proposed by U.S. President George W. Bush on housing bonds issued in the country. Impact of the plan on the construction of low-income housing units; Effect of the plan on corporate investments in the housing sector; Tax...
- California Budget in Sight. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31687, p1
Reports on the plan of California Assembly lawmakers to approve Senate budget proposal by July 29, 2003 viewing the legality of using $10.7 billion of deficit bonds in order to resolve budget shortfall in the state. Proposal regarding taxes in the budget; Views of Republican and Democrat...
- Raters Disagree on Effect of Colorado Initiative's Defeat. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/07/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31032, p36
Reports on the implications of the defeat of a tax reform initiative in Colorado. Upgrade of the ratings of several bond issuers; Benefits from the tax reform initiative.
- Florida City's $48m Deal Still on Track Despite Ruling. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;4/8/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31360, p37
Reports the plans of the city office to issue a general obligation bonds in Panama City, Florida. Decision of the local judge not to allow the city to declare the Pier Park district as urban blight; Statement regarding the ruling of the judge by city manager Richard Jackson; Sale of the bonds...
- Chicago Park District Audit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/21/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31413, p1
Reports the launching of Chicago Park District advance refunding focusing on the use of reimbursement product to repay the outstanding bonds in Illinois. Submission of municipal securities information repositories; Plans to issue tax anticipation warrants; Partnership between Park District and...
- Sticking With State GOs. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31436, p1
Reports on the demand of state general obligation bonds in the U.S. Evidence of strong municipal bonds in market environment; Indirect relationship between demand of bonds and the growth of state revenues; Percentage of declined state tax revenues.
- Waiting to Grab a Ride. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;9/4/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31461, p1
Reports the expectation of municipal market lobbyists for the approval of a bond-related tax legislation in Washington. Advantage of the legislation; Effect of the proposed legislation on the debt market; Description of the legislation.