Less Crowded Roads, Classrooms Among the Goals This Fall
- The Week. // New Republic;4/7/26, Vol. 46 Issue 592, p180
Comments on developments related to U.S. politics. Opposition of U.S. Democratic Senators to the Italian debt settlement; Total value of bond issues floated in the U.S. in 1925; Criticism on the housing policy proposals of New York Republicans.
- Dirt bond candor urged. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;10/28/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30757, p1
Reports on the suggestion of financial adviser Robert Doty to dirt bond developers to reveal their political contributions in the United States. Influence of contributions on how land-secured bond deals are brokered; Calls for suggestions by the National Federation of Municipal Analysts.
- Panel to Eye Down Payment Bill . // American Banker;6/18/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 116, p12
Reports the commencement of the session of the U.S. House Financial Services Housing Subcommittee on a bill to establish a down payment assistance program. Establishment of an office to coordinate house counselling; Sponsors of the bill; Objectives of the bill.
- Whining liberals are to blame for soaring housing costs. Sowell, Thomas // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;08/10/98, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p18
Faults the practice of contemporary liberalism for the crisis in affordable housing in the United States. Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) call for housing subsidy; Rising cost of housing in Los Angeles, California; Propaganda for government programs; Study of homelessness...
- CNY NDFs Drift Left On Snow. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/4/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 17, p5
Deals with the effort of the U.S. government to persuade China to widen the trading band of its U.S. bond. Impact of the appreciation of the Chinese yuan on the U.S.; Action taken by U.S. Secretary Jon Snow.
- Virginia Lawmaker Favors Legislation With Federal Penalties. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/8/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32213, p5
Reports on the development of bond legislation in the U.S. Effort of Virginia House Speaker Bill Howell in developing federal legislation that would financially penalize communities that allow condemnations of private property for private redevelopment; Creation of disincentive to prevent state...
- WASHINGTON WIRE. // New Republic;11/13/50, Vol. 123 Issue 20, p3
The article focuses on the political and economic issues in the United States. The new lame-duck session of the U.S. Congress meeting shortly has one specific task, to vote more taxes to curb inflation. Prospect is, however, that it will vote additional war appropriations, postpone taxes. There...
- THE RIGHT EAR. // Human Events;10/1/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 36, p20
Presents an update on politics in the United States as of October 1, 2001. Sponsors of the war bonds that support the war against terrorism; State of the social security program; Opposition of the Democratic left to the presidential bid of former presidential candidate Al Gore.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;3/29/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32099, p27
Reports developments related to politics in the U.S. Meeting of officials from Phoenix and Maricopa County to discuss collaboration in Arizona; Approval of a bill to make the Heartland Park Topeka motor track eligible for the sales tax revenue bonds by the Kansas Senate; Submission of a brief...