Oregon Governor Again Calls for Cuts, New Cash Sources
- Need But Not Opportunity for Change in California. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;12/27/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31541, p1
Reports on the reconsideration of California state government on its reliance on income taxes after the state's budget shortfall. Decline in revenue of the state; Plans to revise tax structures in California; Proposals to change distribution system of taxes; Debate between Democrats and...
- Voters will punish pols who raise taxes. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/22/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p53A
Comments on the income tax opted for Nassau County in response to the county's budget gap in New York. List of influential public officials who voted to create the sales tax; Idea of creating the state sales tax; Need for the politicians to choose in opting for tax increase.
- County budget tragedy unfolding. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/19/2002, Issue 322957, p24
Comments on the approval of budget for the year 2002&2003 for counties of California. Repetition of the ability of the state to tap local tax revenues; Insufficiency of the County Supervisors to meet the critical needs for program financing; Ability of the government to respond tax inequities.
- So Much Money' Drags North Dakota Budget Talks. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;5/6/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33906, p3
The article informs that lawmakers of North Dakota are debating over a new two-year budget of the state as it includes a 20 percent reduction in the individual income-tax rate.
- Detroit income tax cut, revenue freeze offered in compromise legislation. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;12/11/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30538, p3
Reports that the Michigan Legislature was geared to strike a compromise that would protect Detroit's budget. Disproportionate share of the city from certain state taxes; Annual allotment of Detroit, Michigan; Provisions of a proposed legislation.
- France. Goldsworth, John // Accountancy;Sep87, Vol. 100 Issue 1129, p46
Reports on France's plans to cut income tax rates in the 1988 budget.
- ON ESTIMATION OF COMPLETE INDIVIDUAL INCOME TAX INFLOW INTO THE BUDGETARY SYSTEM WHILE DETERMINING UNBALANCED BUDGET LEVEL. Mironov, S. K. // Vestnik of Astrakhan State Technical University Series: Economic;2012, Issue 1, p112
The interesting approach to an estimation of the level of mobilization of profitable base of the individual income tax by an example of the Astrakhan region and other subjects of the Russian Federation is presented. In the offered technique criteria for selection of subjects of the Russian...
- Increase in Tax Burden. Choudhary, A.A. // Economic Review (05318955);Jun2001, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p2
Focuses on the proposed tax increases in Pakistan. Attribution of tax increases to federal budget allocation; Reduction of the amount of minimum taxable income; Call for authorities to review the tax proposal.
- Financial spring-cleaning for couples. // Filipino Post;4/10/2014, p19
The article offers tips for couples on managing finances including payment of income tax, development of saving habit, and creating household budget, as of April 2014.